An aspiring Christian rap artist was recently sentenced to 30 years in prison with 12 years suspended after he was convicted of killing his music producer in September. Apparently, Ryan Salandy, 26, grew angry after hiring William McDaniel, 25, to burn 150 CDs.
WJLA reports: Salandy paid McDaniel $300. However, a dispute over the work arose. Cellphone records show that on Sept. 24, 2015, Salandy sent McDaniel at least three text messages that clearly conveyed a mounting level of animosity.
In the text messages sent to McDaniel, Salandy goes as far as to say “We’re gonna see each other some day bitch boy. U better get me my shit before it’s too late.” Then on Facebook, Salandy wrote “When you see me, run.”
The site continues: In the early afternoon of Sept. 25, 2015, Salandy drove to McDaniel’s Clarksburg neighborhood. They had an explosive verbal argument. Police say Salandy then got into his silver Saab sedan, rounded the block, hit the gas and plowed right into McDaniel.
Salandy never hit his breaks and the impact reportedly broke every bone in both the music producer’s legs. As WJLA explains, “Investigators determined that Salandy was traveling between 37 and 49 miles per hour at the moment of impact, never braking, swerving, calling 911 or stopping to check on McDaniel’s injuries. The intensity of the collision broke every bone in both of McDaniel’s legs. His boots flung off his body. The 6-foot-3, 300-pound music producer rolled over the hood of the car and then catapulted through the air, ultimately falling onto the pavement, dead.”
Salandy, who was arrested by detectives a few hours after the incident, never asked why he was being taken into custody and according to reports, only asked about McDaniel’s condition six hours later.
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
1. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.Source: 1 of 13
2. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.Source: 2 of 13
3. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in ‘Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,’ died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer’s disease.Source: 3 of 13
4. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson’s.Source: 4 of 13
5. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in ‘Star Wars,’ passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.Source: 5 of 13
6. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in ‘Not Another Teen Movie.’Source: 6 of 13
7. ‘The Voice’ star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.Source: 7 of 13
8. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.Source: 8 of 13
9. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.Source: 9 of 13
10. ‘Blood, Sweat, & Heels’ reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.Source: 10 of 13
11. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince’s protegée and ex-girlfriend.Source: 11 of 13
12. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson’s disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.Source: 12 of 13
13. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.Source: 13 of 13
Christian Rapper Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison After Killing His Music Producer was originally published on globalgrind.com