Brooklyn’s Barclays Center was the only place to be on Friday (May 20).
Puff Daddy and The Family pulled off one of the most epic reunion concerts the music industry has ever seen. Not only was the 20th anniversary Bad Boy reunion concert a nostalgia-filled love fest, but it was also a celebration of the life and legacy of the late Notorious B.I.G.
The three and a half hour concert was the personification of Puffy’s catchphrase “can’t stop, won’t stop” and a true testament to the legacy Puffy created two decades ago.
The two-day sold out concert featured performances by former Bad Boy artists, including 112, Total, Faith Evans, Carl Thomas, Mario Winans, Lil Kim, Shyne, The LOX, Mase, Black Rob, Cassie, and surprise performances by Jay Z, Nas, Mary J. Blige, Busta Rhymes, Desiigner, Rick Ross, Fabolous, 2 Milly, DMX, Swizz Beatz, and even Stevie J.
With a combined 38 platinum and multi-platinum selling records and over 400 million units sold worldwide, the Bad Boy Family Reunion Tour will now trek cross-country beginning August 25 in Columbus, Ohio. To purchase tickets, click here.
Check out the 18 most epic moments at Puffy’s Bad Boy reunion concert below.
1. On night one of the Bad Boy Reunion concert, Puffy brings out Jay Z to perform “Angels” and “Public Service Announcement.”
“You’ve been there for me through my ups and downs. Whenever I get in trouble, this is the one I call. This is my strategist right here, this my brother, this B.I.G.’s brother, this Brooklyn’s own. He came 5,000 miles away to come to here Brooklyn and represent for B.I.G. Make noise for HOV,” said Puff.
2. Nas and Puffy perform “Hate Me Now” in black mink coats with 20 foot trains.
3. On the second night of the reunion tour, Shyne performs “Bad Boyz” via satellite from Belize.
“I just want to say happy birthday to the greatest rapper of all time – Notorious B.I.G.”
4. Usher surprises the crowd and performs “I Need A Girl” with Puffy. Before launching into the performance, Puff gave a short speech about knowing Usher for 20-plus years.
“You done grown up, playboy. I met you when you were like 14, man. You grew up be an international motherf*ckin’ superstar, man. Let’s do it. Drop that beat,” he said.
5. Pam of Total and Puffy dance together.
6. DMX and Swizz Beatz perform a medley of Ruff Ryders’ greatest hits.
7. Lil Kim brings out Desiigner and 2 Milly on night two.
8. French Montana and Puffy bring out Rick Ross to perform “Stay Schemin.’”
9. Puffy brings out Mary J. Blige and the crowd goes wild.
10. The LOX perform their classic hits “Last Day,” “I Get High” “Wild Out” and “We Gonna Make It.”
10. Mario Winans performed his 2004 hit “I Don’t Wanna Know.”
11. Carl Thomas makes the Barclays get “Emotional” with performances of “I Wish” and “Summer Rain.”
12. Faith Evans pops up on stage in an all-white jumpsuit and Puffy bows down to her.
13. Cassie performs her 2006 single “Me & You.”
14. Black Rob got the arena hype when he performed his classic “Whoa.”
15. 112 performed a medley of hits like “Peaches & Cream,” “Cupid,” “Dance With Me,” and “It’s Over Now.”
16. Puffy surprises fans with a performance from Ty Dolla $ign.
17. Puffy’s sons Christian and Justin come out on stage to dance to “Finna Get Loose.”
18. Busta Rhymes makes the crowd “pass the Ciroc this way” and has a hilarious wardrobe malfunction.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram, Twitter
P. Diddy's Transformation Over The Years
1. Diddy and the one and only Biggie Smalls in 1995.Source:Getty 1 of 25
2. Diddy all laughs next to Andre Harrell.Source:Getty 2 of 25
3. Diddy and Mase at the 11th Annual Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards in 1997.Source:Getty 3 of 25
4. Diddy and B.I.G.Source:Getty 4 of 25
5. Diddy flaunting his bling in 1997.Source:Getty 5 of 25
6. Diddy in a baggy suit.Source:Getty 6 of 25
7. Diddy in camouflage.Source:Getty 7 of 25
8. Old school Diddy.Source:Getty 8 of 25
9. Diddy shining next to Tyra Banks.Source:Getty 9 of 25
10. The super throwback of Diddy and Lil Kim.Source:Getty 10 of 25
11. Bow tie Diddy.Source:Getty 11 of 25
12. Diddy and the kids back in '04.Source:Getty 12 of 25
13. Mowhawk Diddy in '04.Source:Getty 13 of 25
14. Diddy maxin' and relaxin' in all white in 2005.Source:Getty 14 of 25
15. Diddy with the shiny puffer vest on.Source:Getty 15 of 25
16. Diddy in all black everything back in '08.Source:Getty 16 of 25
17. Diddy nurturing his baby, Sean John, in 2008.Source:Getty 17 of 25
18. Diddy cleans up nice.Source:Getty 18 of 25
19. Diddy, the king of branding.Source:Getty 19 of 25
20. Calm Diddy Combs.Source:Getty 20 of 25
21. Diddy with Dem Boyz.Source:Getty 21 of 25
22. Diddy gets his inspirational speech on at Howard University last year.Source:Getty 22 of 25
23. Diddy, the family man.Source:Getty 23 of 25
24. Old school Diddy was a ladies man, but Cassie got 2015 Diddy locked down.Source:Getty 24 of 25
25. Diddy still looking good in 2015.Source:Getty 25 of 25
Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop: The 18 Most Epic Moments At Puff Daddy’s Bad Boy Reunion Concert was originally published on globalgrind.com