America loves a good weight-loss story, but when a celebrity is the one to shed pounds, it’s even more exciting.
E! plans to document EJ Johnson’s weight-loss story in a new spin-off series titled, “EJ and the City”. The 23-year-old lost 180 pounds with gastric sleeve surgery, debuting his new frame in September of 2015. Before the operation he weighed over 350 pounds.
As reported by Variety: On June 19, E! will premiere “EJ and the City,” a six-part spinoff of its reality series “Rich Kids of Beverly Hills.” The series will center on the jet-setting escapades of “Rich Kids” alum E.J. Johnson–the son of basketball legend Magic Johnson– and his glam squad, which happens to include LL Cool J’s daughter. After the series’ Sunday night premiere, which will immediately follow the Season 4 finale of “Rich Kids,” the show will move to its regular Tuesday 9 p.m. timeslot starting June 23.
“The surgery was definitely the best thing that ever happened to me,” Johnson said during an episode of ‘Rich Kids’. “I never thought that I’d look this good, and that is the God’s honest truth.”
While the weight-loss angle is enticing enough, we’re also interested in how the NYU graduate and budding designer navigates his way through the Big Apple.
“EJ continues to be a standout character on #RichKids, with his over-the-top personality and incomparable style, and now viewers will get a chance to follow him on a whole new journey as he embraces his newfound self-confidence and works to build a brand that lives up to his family name,” E! exec Jeff Olde says in a statement.
To find out what EJ is up to in the meantime, head over here.
How Could You Not Get Your Life With These Photos Of EJ Johnson!?
1. Clueless #teamthisSource: 1 of 10
2. #out100 #teamthisSource: 2 of 10
3. Punch the clock it’s time to work #trl #teamthisSource: 3 of 10
4. Back for a shower #teamthisSource: 4 of 10
5. Just went platinum #teamthisSource: 5 of 10
6. Mz moderator #beautyconla #fbf #teamthisSource: 6 of 10
7. #teamthisSource: 7 of 10
8. Tonight’s beat @smilesandhoney5 #lafashionawards #teamthisSource: 8 of 10
9. Tinker bell #coachella2018 #teamthisSource: 9 of 10
10. The new power suit #trl #teamthisSource: 10 of 10
EJ Johnson Is Getting His Own Spin-Off Reality Show was originally published on hellobeautiful.com