Guess this means Kendrick Lamar’s To Pimp A Butterfly isn’t platinum yet in his eyes.
The Recording Industry Association of America made the announcement that they’re now adding album streams to the formula of album sales, and TDE’s CEO Anthony “Top Dawg” Tiffith isn’t feeling the rule change.
The news of RIAA’s rule change comes after Rihanna’s ANTI album was certified platinum, but only moved 15,896 album equivalent units, with only 460 albums sold, and four million streams in the 24 hour period she “went platinum.”
Due to sloppy roll-out and lackluster promotion, Rihanna’s ANTI album debuted at number 27 on the Billboard 200.
Thanks to the new rule, TDE star Kendrick’s TPAB is now considered platinum.
SOURCE: Twitter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
11 Reasons To Love SZA (PHOTOS)
1. Because she's down with the boys (The TDE boys that is).1 of 11
2. She's a natural hair icon in every right.2 of 11
3. I mean, LOOK AT THAT HAIR.3 of 11
4. Because she runs in a circle of equally gorgeous friends.4 of 11
5. She's a vegan, but she's not afraid to indulge in some junk food. #Shameless5 of 11
6. Because she's a yogi.6 of 11
7. Because she brings a whole new definition to tom-boy chic.7 of 11
8. And she still knows how to dress it up.8 of 11
9. And she knows how to do Fashion Week justice.9 of 11
10. And just as easily go back to her tom-boy tendencies with style.10 of 11
11. Because she's adorable. Duh!11 of 11
TDE’s CEO Top Dawg Doesn’t Like RIAA’s New Album Certification Rules was originally published on globalgrind.com