This past April, Lil Wayne‘s tour bus was shot at by Jimmy Carlton Winfrey, and was later given a 20-year prison sentence.
While many thought that the case was closed, it looks like new details are surfacing, as Winfrey reportedly plans to appeal the sentencing, despite pleading guilty to the charges.
According to HipHopDX, the documents for the appeal were filed on December 18th, which will appeal his sentence, as well as his plea.
The site reports, “In November, Winfrey was sentenced to 10 years in prison and 10 years probation on six charges, which were all gang-related.”
SOURCE: HipHopDX | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Father & Son: 13 Photos Of Lil Wayne & Birdman In Great Spirits
1. Because bros have each other's backs.Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. Because bros hit the stage together.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. Because bros tell each other jokes.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. Because bros pose for pics together.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Because bros style on 'em in photo shoots.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Because bros shine together.Source:Splash 6 of 13
7. Because bros give bros hugs.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Because bros squash the beef no matter what.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. Because bros make hits together.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Because bros rap together.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. Because bros bury their beef.11 of 13
12. Because bros endure boring events together.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Because bros give each other props.Source:Getty 13 of 13
Lil Wayne’s Tour Bus Shooter Is Appealing His 20-Year Sentence was originally published on globalgrind.com