Justin Bieber‘s meteoric rise to fame was an iconic one. Starting out as a YouTube sensation, his transformation over to pop icon hasn’t been an easy one. With the emergence of social media, the world got to see every single trial – and the many errors – the Biebs went through.
2013 saw the rise of Bieber’s ‘fall from grace.’ Sites like TMZ reported every single mishap the star had; from getting tattoo sleeves to having fights with the paps, to driving recklessly in his Ferrari.
His behavior went from minor teenage mistakes, to bizarre, entitled, rich kid behavior. He urinated in buckets, egged homes, was arrested for drag racing, drunk driving, and his home was raided – during which the cops found drugs.
But after the two-year downward spiral and disappointing millions of Beliebers everywhere, Justin made it his duty to reinvent himself as a person, and as an artist, and get back to the music in 2015. Check out our timeline of the resurgence of Justin Bieber, the music star, in 2015:
- The Biebs started the year riding the wave of his super sexy Calvin Klein Ad. He also revealed that he’d be getting back to the music, announcing a new album and tour for 2015.
- In an attempt to revamp his image, Justin posted an emotional video, confessing he wasn’t really being himself those two years prior. He even made an appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show to further explain.
- Justin Bieber turned 21 and his highly anticipated Comedy Central Roast aired the same month. It was another opportunity for the singer to poke fun at himself and publicly apologize for his previous bad behavior.
- Although admitting he was single, Bieber’s name got caught up in the messy breakup of Big Sean and Ariana Grande. Reports say that Ariana Grande’s intimate stage moment with Bieber following their breakup led Big Sean to believe it was planned just to hurt him.
- After the release of his collab with Jack Ü, “Where Are U Now,” quickly climbed the charts, it became clear JB was truly back to the music. He performed it at the Ultra Music Festival with EDM gods Skrillex and Diplo.
- Bieber put his new cleaned up, model-esque good looks to use by appearing on the April 2015 issue of Vogue along with Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, and Ansel Elgort. They were deemed “Hollywood’s New Brat Pack.”
- He took to Instagram this spring to tease his Zoolander 2 cameo. We still can’t wait to see that!
- JB took another step in his hair transformation and cut off his long locks for a new, shorter ‘do.
- Justin put his best fashion foot forward and channeled his inner golden boy at the 2015 Met Gala.
- His good behavior continued as he finished up twelve anger management classes, which were part of his plea deal in the egg-throwing case.
- The Biebs kicked off the summer with an alleged new romance and returning to the top of the charts. He reclaimed the top spot of Billboard’s Social 50, dethroning Taylor Swift, and his Jack Ü single continued to climb the charts.
- He was being spotted out more and more with his “good friend” Hailey Baldwin. The pair even hit up Australia together.
- As JB’s new music continued to light up the charts, his personal life got just as steamy. He debuted the first single, “What Do You Mean?,” from his album Purpose, a direct reflection of his growth as an artist.
- Around the same time, Justin came under fire after posting and deleting a photo of his naked butt from IG. He soon apologized for it, claiming that he “wasn’t thinking.”
- That same month, Justin and his ex Selena Gomez were spotted together at a hotel in Beverly Hills. Although both singers claimed to be single, Selena admitted that she will always have a place for Justin in her heart.
- Bieber debuted his new longer, blonder do’ at the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards. For the first time in five years, he performed at the big show; a medley of “Where Are U Now” and “What Do You Mean?” and emotionally broke down after.
- He stopped by The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and admitted that his breakdown stemmed from being emotionally overwhelmed by his return to the stage and the support of his fans and colleagues. “What Do You Mean?” became the fastest selling #1 Single on iTunes.
- Justin was still on good behavior but of course, he had a few slip-ups. While performing in New Zealand with Rae Sremmurd, the Biebs lit up a joint, started smoking it, then took a big swig of Hennessy. He later revealed that he did it on a dare.
- As if that didn’t cause enough of a stir, pictures surfaced of JB fully nude, walking on the beach in Bora Bora.
- Bieber continued to focus on his upcoming album by releasing more singles, including “Sorry,” and revealing the Purpose album artwork.
- That same month, he graced the cover of Billboard and got candid about his relationship with his parents and almost letting fame destroy him.
- JB dropped his comeback album Purpose, which debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart. It marked Bieber’s sixth number-one album and largest sales week.
- Although he and Selena have been spending a lot more time together (he even serenaded her as they slow danced at a hotel bar), the two have yet to confirm any type of romance.
- Justin Bieber had one job in 2015: To reinvent and shed himself of the wild, bad boy image. With a number one album, healthier friendships, a new humble attitude, and an alleged new romance with Kourtney Kardashian, we’d say to JB – job well done.
22 Of Justin Bieber's Most Fashionable Instagram Moments (PHOTOS)
1. A lesson in layering from Justin Bieber1 of 22
2. "I am fashion"2 of 22
3. "I do this 4 U"3 of 22
4. Because a mirror selfie was completely necessary to show off this outfit.4 of 22
5. "$"5 of 22
6. Caption: "#iknowudresslikeme"6 of 22
7. Because who else could pull off skin-tight, red-hot leather leggings?7 of 22
8. Caption: "Channel"8 of 22
9. Caption: "Ryan said you won't go out in that. I said watch me haha too colorful next time im gonna wear a black hat"9 of 22
10. Caption: 'Rollercoaster For a minute we were up but the next we were Fallin down' -Justin Bieber"10 of 22
11. Caption: "I hope you hate my style"11 of 22
12. Caption: "Propper"12 of 22
13. Caption: "Not a game"13 of 22
14. Bandana Boy Bieber14 of 22
15. Caption: "Looks like Lil wayne liked our #swagboots"15 of 22
16. Caption: "Hahahahah real gs wear tight onzies"16 of 22
17. Caption: "I got a lot of bread"17 of 22
18. Caption: "Me and Jesus on the ice"18 of 22
19. Caption: "Varsity jacket closest thing to high school"19 of 22
20. Caption: "Hyfr"20 of 22
21. Caption: "@jadensmith that new swag hat son"21 of 22
22. Caption: "Nature is so neat lol"22 of 22
The Resurrection: A Complete Timeline Of Justin Bieber’s 2015 Comeback was originally published on globalgrind.com