It’s safe to say that Adele might have had the best 2015 of anyone, and she only came out of hiding just a couple months ago.
While fans were at the complete edges of their seats waiting for new music from the low key singer, she shattered all music sale records, moving 5.98 million units for her 25 album.
Adele is the face of their “The Year Ahead” issue, and spoke on a slew of topics, including her incredibly high sales, how she wants to support her son, and even Beyonce.
View this post on Instagram
Go behind the scenes on TIME's exclusive portrait shoot with British singer Adele. Her recent comeback to the music industry, after a four-year absence, has put her at the top of the charts, selling more than five million copies of her smash hit record, "25." ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ TIME's Erik Madigan Heck (@erikmadiganheck) speaks to TIME about his aim to show Adele in a simple and colorful light. "She is like an old world beauty, so I just wanted to show her natural elegance," he says. "I was extremely nervous leading up to the shoot, as she’s inarguably the biggest pop-star in the world. I tried to tell myself it was just like shooting one of my friends in high school." ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Photograph taken in New York on Nov. 19, 2015. Read our interview on TIME.com. #adele #adelehello
As far as her records sales being so high in the U.S., she admits, “Maybe they think I’m related to the Queen. Americans are obsessed with the royal family.”
While addressing how she wants to treat her 3-year-old son, Angelo, she explained, “I can’t wait to know who his best friends are going to be, who his girlfriend or his boyfriend is going to be or what movies he likes…Whatever my kid wants to do or be I will always support him no matter what.”
She even addresses the rumor that she turned down working with Beyonce, revealing, “Whoever started that rumor must have been having a laugh because anyone who knows me knows that my main priority in life outside of my child is Beyoncé.”
Well, there you have it. Adele is a member of the Beyhive. Read the full feature here.
SOURCE: TIME Magazine | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram
When We Were Young: 15 Photos Of Adele Throughout The Years
1. Still a 19-year-old on the rise.Source:Getty 1 of 15
2. The 20-year-old was finding her lane.Source:Getty 2 of 15
3. Yet to achieve success in the U.S., Adele was a force to be reckoned with in the UK.Source:Getty 3 of 15
4. Before snagging all of the major awards, Adele was just another nominee in attendance.Source:Getty 4 of 15
5. Finally, a Grammy for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.Source:Getty 5 of 15
6. Another one, Grammy for Best New Artist in 2009.Source:Getty 6 of 15
7. Her success in America was undeniable.Source:Getty 7 of 15
8. 21 was just starting production when Adele hit up the "Sex and the City" premiere.Source:Getty 8 of 15
9. After finishing her second album, Adele's look got a lot more grown and sexy.Source:Getty 9 of 15
10. Working on 21.Source:Getty 10 of 15
11. Following her throat surgery, Adele got back to work.Source:Getty 11 of 15
12. "Skyfall" received the Golden Globe for Best Original Song in 2013.Source:Getty 12 of 15
13. In 2012, Adele became the second female artist to win six awards in one night.Source:Getty 13 of 15
14. She surpassed the Beatles after her second album spent 16 weeks at the top of the US Billboard 200 chart.Source:Getty 14 of 15
15. 25 never looked so good.Source:Getty 15 of 15
Adele Covers TIME Magazine, Reveals That Beyoncé Is A Big ‘Priority’ In Her Life was originally published on globalgrind.com