The murder case of Mazaradi Fox, an associate of 50 Cent, just took a wrong turn.
Prosecutors charged the main witness in the case of the slain Queens rapper with perjury. Rayesha Brockington was indicted Monday for giving false testimony against supposed gunman Jamal Scott.
She is currently being held on Rikers Island with bail set at $77,500, according to the NY Daily News. Her original statement, given in March 2014, said that Jamal opened fire on the SUV she was riding in with Mazaradi when it stopped at an intersection in Springfield Gardens.
Over the summer she changed her story, saying that she was coerced by NYPD detectives to pick Jamal out of a lineup, and they threatened to report her to the city Administration for Children’s Services if she didn’t cooperate.
The News reports:
Detectives theorized Fox’s murder was retaliation — he was suspected of being involved in the 1998 slaying of Scott’s brother, Curtis, but he beat that rap. Another possible motive for Fox’s murder was gang-related.
Mazaradi Fox was a G-Unit affiliate and appeared in several of the group’s music videos.
SOURCE: NY Daily News | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
50 Cent's Most Lucrative Business Endeavors
1. SMS Audio: This company that primarily sells headphones was founded by 50 Cent in 2011. In the same year, the company acquired Kono Audio. As far as the competition goes, he once said Dr. Dre's "Beats is Nike. We're Adidas."Source:Getty 1 of 8
2. Power: 50 Cent is into all sorts of entertainment. Though he obviously stars in the Starz hit series "Power," did you know he also produced the show? "Power" holds the "most viewers ever for a Starz original series" record.Source:Getty 2 of 8
3. Vodka: 50 Cent has recently partnered with Effen Vodka. The "ultra-premium" liquor comes in lots of flavors, including Black Cherry, Dutch Raspberry, Cucumber, and Salted Caramel.Source:Getty 3 of 8
4. SMS Promotions: 50 Cent started this boxing promotional company after his joint project with Floyd Mayweather, TMT Promotions, failed. Though SMS Promotions reportedly declared bankruptcy this year, it previously promoted boxers such as Andre Dirrell, Chris Galeano, and more.Source:Getty 4 of 8
5. SK Energy: Street King is an energy drink created by 50 Cent and his partner Chris Clarke. It boasts a variety of flavors, and was rebranded as "SK Energy" in 2012.Source:Getty 5 of 8
6. Frigo Underwear: 50 Cent put his insane body on full display in a series of advertisments for the underwear company this year.Source:Getty 6 of 8
7. VitaminWater: 50 Cent made $100 million after selling his stake in the privately owned company.Source:Getty 7 of 8
8. G-unit: We can't forget about the clothing company that 50 Cent started in 2003 and relaunched in 2010. 50 maintains full ownership of the clothing line.Source:Getty 8 of 8
Witness In Shooting Case Of 50 Cent’s Friend Charged With Perjury was originally published on globalgrind.com