The Sunshine State never ceases to amaze us with its tendency to produce the most bizarre news stories.
A man was eaten by an alligator while on the run from local authorities. According to police, 22-year-old Matthew Riggins ran from Brevard County cops after he was observed allegedly planning to break into homes with another suspect.
Once deputies, K-9 units, and a sheriff’s helicopter arrived in the area, Higgins called his girlfriend to tell her that he was being chased. A Brevard County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson explained: “He probably went into the lake to hide from the officers and the dog, and came across that gator.”
Riggins’ body was discovered in the pond ten days later. The aggressive gator has since been euthanized.
Meanwhile, also in Florida, a woman allegedly killed her boyfriend and left his corpse to rot on her porch.
Forty-one-year-old Tammy Shereese Wright-Conner has been charged with the murder of Ronald Jerome Trotter Jr. after his body was found at her home in Jacksonville. According to the Florida Times Union, neighbors complained of a foul smell at the residence on June 10.
Upon their arrival at the rundown home, authorities discovered the windows sealed shut and multiple air fresheners present inside, all intended to mask the smell of Trotter’s decaying corpse. The body was so decomposed that initial responders could not determine if it was male or female. An autopsy determined Trotter died from a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Trotter disappeared two weeks prior to the discovery following an argument with his wife, who reported him missing. Wright-Conner has been jailed on unrelated drug charges since July.
The 25 Most Recent, Hilarious, & Bizarre Cases Of #Caucasity (PHOTOS)
1. Copter Cat: A Dutch artist stuffed his dead cat's body and turned it into a remote-controlled helicopter. Yeah.Source:YouTube 1 of 25
2. Rock Paper Scissor Hustlers.Source:Cecilia DAnastasio / Gothamist 2 of 25
3. The Salvage Supper.Source:The Wall Street Journal 3 of 25
4. All Pumpkin Everything.Source:Twitter 4 of 25
5. Ever Been Consoled By Your Rottweiler?Source:Twitter 5 of 25
6. Coldest Invention Yet.Source:Twitter 6 of 25
7. Man Saves Drowning Bear In Florida.Source:CBS Local via Becky Bickerstaff 7 of 25
8. Short Sleeves On An Ice-Covered Mountain.Source:Twitter 8 of 25
9. Who Needs A Laptop Case When You Have Space In The Ass Part Of Your Pants?Source:Twitter 9 of 25
10. $ign Language.Source:Twitter 10 of 25
11. Does It Get Anymore Caucasian Than This?Source:Twitter 11 of 25
12. Three Boobs Are Indeed Better Than Two.Source:Jasmine Tridevil/ Facebook 12 of 25
13. A Cheeseburger Bed Definitely Beats Out Any Sealy Mattress.Source:Twitter 13 of 25
14. The Cuddlr App...Where Strangers Can Meet Up...Just To Cuddle.Source:Twitter 14 of 25
15. All Those Open Subway Seats & She Decides To Sit On The Floor.Source:Instagram via FWMJ 15 of 25
16. The Suitsy...A Business Suit Onesie.Source:BetaBrand 16 of 25
17. Because This Is Where You Want To Eat Dinner.Source:MBTA via Twitter 17 of 25
18. 'Merica.Source:Twitter 18 of 25
19. What Did You Do Today? Doctor: "Oh Nothing, Just Performed Major Surgery On A Gold Fish."Source:WENN.com 19 of 25
20. Shine Bright Like A Diamond.Source:Twitter 20 of 25
21. What Else Are Police Officers Good For?Source:theCHIVE.com 21 of 25
22. Caucasity Of Epic Proportions.Source:Twitter 22 of 25
23. Sunbathing At A Dodgers Game In A Speedo Is The Best Idea Ever.Source:Twitter 23 of 25
24. Nutsack.Source:Twitter 24 of 25
25. What Appears To Be The Modern Day Durag Model.Source:Instagram via Milu7 25 of 25
Meanwhile, In Florida: Man Eaten By Alligator While Hiding From Cops, & More was originally published on globalgrind.com