The nominees for the SAG Awards have been announced, and Idris Elba snagged a nod for Best Supporting Actor for his role as Commandant in the Netflix hit Beasts Of No Nation. But he has some pretty tough competition with Michael Shannon in 99 Homes, and Christian Bale in The Big Short.
The summer’s big hit Straight Outta Compton was also nominated for Best Cast in an Ensemble. Click here to check out the full list of SAG Award nominees.
The project, which originated at Universal Pictures after Lee won the Oscar for directing Life Of Pi, is fast coming back together at Jeff Robinov’s Studio 8. Adding, Studio 8 insiders said it’s in development, but I hear that Lee has already begun scouting and would like this to be the next film he directs.
Meanwhile, TMZ decided to be petty and point out that Khloe Kardashian didn’t make her own Thanksgiving pies. She did, however, make the monkey bread. The other baked goods are from Sweet Lady Jane, in case you’re interested.
Every Time Idris Elba Looked Like The Perfect James Bond
1. Man Crush Everyday.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. Dapper AF.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. So smooth.Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Suited up.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. All black.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Just like Bond.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. Don't let the smile fool you. Idris is badass.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. Too street?Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Bish, where?Source:Instagram 9 of 11
10. Handsome even when he's not looking.Source:Instagram 10 of 11
11. He portrayed detective John Luther. James Bond would be the obvious next step.Source:Instagram 11 of 11
What’s Happening In Hip-Pop: Another “Ali” Movie, SAG Award Nominations, & More was originally published on globalgrind.com