The NFL has cracked down on touchdown dances in recent years, but many of the players just can’t help themselves. Travis Kelce is only the latest to break it down in the end zone.
The Kansas City tight end’s touchdown gave his team the 21-16 lead against the Bills and he responded by hitting the Quan. He didn’t let his fatigue or pads stop him from really getting into the motion and made sure he did the dance justice.
But one Chiefs fan wasn’t happy and wrote Kelce an open later – luckily he was only making fun of a similar situation with Cam Newton. Last month, Cam dabbed after getting into the end zone, infuriating one mother.
Kansas City Star reports:
It appears his “complaint” was more sarcasm than anything else, perhaps making fun of the mother who wrote a letter to Panthers quarterback Cam Newton last month. She complained about Newton’s “chest puffs” and “pelvic thrusts.” It was all pretty ridiculous and you can read it here and see Newton’s response here.
Meanwhile, questions about race are being added to the mix. ESPN anchor Robert Flores said Kelce won’t be penalized for his dancing because he’s White.
“Wondering why there’s no letters to the editor, or why ‘First Take‘s’ not doing ‘Should Travis Kelce be dancing in the end zone?’ I wonder why they’re not doing that… oh, because he’s not black,” Flores said.
What do you think?
The Hottest Rookies Of The 2014-2015 NFL Season (PHOTOS)
1. Cody Latimer of the Broncos.1 of 13
2. Bashaud Breeland of the Redskins.2 of 13
3. Johnny Manziel of the Browns.3 of 13
4. Jadeveon Clowney of the Texans.4 of 13
5. Brandin Cooks of the Saints.5 of 13
6. Deone Bucannon of the Cardinals.6 of 13
7. Blake Bortles of the Jaguars.7 of 13
8. Jimmie Ward of the 49ers.8 of 13
9. Haha Clinton-Dix of the Packers.9 of 13
10. Khalil Mack of the Raiders.10 of 13
11. Aaron Lynch of the 49ers.11 of 13
12. Bishop Sankey of the Titans.12 of 13
13. Ryan Grant of the Redskins.13 of 13
Chiefs Player Travis Kelce Hits The Quan After Scoring Touchdown was originally published on globalgrind.com