Chinx Drugz‘s album Welcome To JFK debuted yesterday, giving us all a bittersweet look at the Brooklyn-born rapper who was shot and killed in his prime. But the album was just part of his commemoration – members of Chinx’s team also put together a two-part documentary on his life and legacy as a rapper, which premiered on YouTube today.
Part one of the documentary features interviews with Chinx’s mother and his best friend, Nut. The two share memories from Chinx’s childhood and adolescence – stories of a smart, talented, extremely likable young man who was killed in Queens only minutes after an on-stage performance.
Watch the moving video above, and check in with us again next week when part two premieres.
SOURCE: Hot New Hip Hop | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
21 Of Chinx's Most Memorable Instagram Moments
1. #OFFTHERIP #cbSource: 1 of 7
2. Where u was when i needed a handSource: 2 of 7
3. Ny state of mind...Source: 3 of 7
4. French, Meek, Khloe, and ChinxSource: 4 of 7
5. NYCSource: 5 of 7
6. Free my lil homiesSource: 6 of 7
7. #dopehouse #cominsoon ft. @therealkissSource: 7 of 7
Chinx’s Team Launches Two-Part Documentary In His Memory was originally published on globalgrind.com