E! Television has determined that the show must go on for “Fashion Police” in the wake of Joan Rivers’ death.
When Joan died earlier this month, it was assumed that the show had effectively been scrapped since she was the host. In a decision to the contrary, the network announced that it would continue to produce new episodes of “Fashion Police” starting in January.
CNN reports that the show will return next year with coverage of the 2015 Golden Globes, but no new host has been announced at this time. Officials from the network said that Joan’s daughter Melissa supports its decision and “that Joan would have wanted the franchise to continue.” It’s not something that the E! has done lightly without any consideration for Joan’s memory.
“We are deeply saddened by the loss of Joan Rivers and, for the last two weeks, have turned our attention to honoring her memory on all of our platforms,” E! said in a statement Friday. “We have also thought long and hard about what Joan would have wanted as it pertains to the future of ‘Fashion Police.’”
Had E! opted to cancel the show in Joan’s absence, the network would have been losing one of its most watched shows that don’t include the Kardashians.
E! To Continue ‘Fashion Police’ After Joan Rivers’ Death was originally published on hellobeautiful.com