PEPSI & BEYONCÉ TOUR
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The KBXX-FM, Pepsi & Beyonce Tour promotion (“Promotion”) will begin on Saturday, June 22, 2013 at 2:00 P.M. Central Standard Time (“CST”) and end on Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 11:50 P.M. CST (“Promotion Period”). Four (4) grand prize winners will each be awarded Two (2) tickets to the Beyonce Concert taking place on Monday, July 15, 2013 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of KBXX-FM (“Station”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston/Galveston, Texas metropolitan area and are eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of entry will be able to take part in this Promotion. To participate in this promotion, participants must use one of the two methods listed below.
1. Listen to KBXX-FM, 97.9 The Box, Monday, July 1, 2013 through Thursday, July 11, 2013, Monday through Friday at 6:10 A.M. CST for the “Beyonce Song of the Day” announcement.
2. When the designated song is played in its entirety during the designated day as announced on KBXX-FM, participants must text the keyword “PEPSI” to short code 23088.
3. Your mobile device must be capable of sending and receiving text messages to participate in this promotion. Standard text message and/or data rates may apply.
4. On each designated promotion day, one (1) potential qualifier will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received via text message at 9:55 A.M., 2:55 P.M., 6:55 P.M., and 11:55 P.M. The potential qualifying winner will be called by the announcer at the number provided via text message entry.
5. Upon verification the potential qualifier will be deemed a qualifying winner; the qualifying winner will be offered the designated qualifying prize. At the time of the call, the qualifying winner will be asked to verify their contact information (name, address, age, phone number, and email address). Qualifying winners will be entered into the drawing for a chance to win the grand prize.
6. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the mobile account at the time the entry was made.
7. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Promotion participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in the Promotion.
8. Text entries must be received by 11:50 P.M. CST on Thursday, July 11, 2013 or they will be void.
9. Participants may only win one (1) qualifying prize during the Promotion Period.
1. During select dates, time and locations (listed below), eligible participants can register by providing their name, address, and other requested information on an official registration form available during KBXX-FM appearances.
Date, Time, Location:
6/22/13 2pm-4pm Wal-Mart 4412 North Freeway, Houston, Texas 77002
6/23/13 2pm-4pm Wal-Mart 150 West El Dorado Blvd, Friendswood, Texas 77546
6/29/13 2pm-4pm Wal-Mart 4412 North Freeway, Houston, Texas 77002
6/30/13 2pm-4pm Wal-Mart 150 West El Dorado Blvd, Friendswood, Texas 77546
2. Entry forms must be completed in their entirety and placed into the official entry form receptacle available on-site during the KBXX appearance fifteen (15) minutes prior to the end of each appearance. Only one entry per person, per registration is permitted during each event.
3. During each KBXX appearance, one (1) potential qualifier will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received via onsite registration at 3:55 P.M. The potential qualifying winner will be notify by phone and/or email.
4. Upon verification the potential qualifier will be deemed a qualifying winner; the qualifying winner will be offered the designated qualifying prize. Qualifying winners will be entered into the drawing for a chance to win the grand prize.
1. The Promotion is open to listeners of KBXX-FM who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, and are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston/Galveston, Texas metropolitan area.
2. Employees of KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, (the “Company”), The Pepsi Cola Company, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston/ Galveston, Texas metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Promotion. For purposes of this Promotion, immediate family members means: spouses, parents, grandparents, children, siblings and their respective spouses.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Promotion, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Promotion except as specified within these rules.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another promotion or contest of any kind from KBXX-FM within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Promotion are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from KBXX-FM during any thirty (30) day period.
5. Participants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
1. If a winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
2. The following qualifying prizes will be awarded during the Promotion Period.
On-Air Sweepstakes – Each qualifying winner will receive the following:
(One) 1 Sony Ear buds, Pepsi Beyoncé Poster (Estimated retail value $40.00)
Retail Registration – Each qualifying winner will receive the following:
(One) 1 Sony 16GB Xperia Tablet (Estimated retail value $320.00)
3. Four (4) grand prizes will be awarded for this Promotion, each grand prize winner will be awarded the following:
Two (2) tickets to the Beyoncé Concert taking place on Monday, July 15, 2013 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. Ground transportation, souvenirs and incidentals are not included as part of the Grand Prize package and are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his or her guests. Estimated Value: Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00).
4. To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
5. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
6. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station.
7. All Promotion winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
8. All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check. Winners will be notified when their prize check is available for pick-up.
9. If for any reason a promotion decides not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Promotion sponsor and/or Promotion administrator if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
10. If Promotion winner does not claim their prize by 5:30pm on July 15, 2013, the prize will be forfeited.
11. In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by KBXX-FM in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Station and/or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
During the Promotion Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Promotion through one of two methods: (1) by sending keyword “PEPSI” to short code 23088 when the designated “Beyoncé Song of the Day” is played in its entirety during the designated day as announced on KBXX-FM; or (2) by submitting a completed official entry form during designated KBXX-FM, Pepsi retail appearances.
1. The grand prize winners will be determined on Friday, July 12, 2013. Four (4) potential grand prizes winner will be determined at random from among all eligible participants that qualified via on-air sweepstakes and those that participated via retail registration. Upon eligibility verification, the winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail and provided with instructions for claiming the prize.
2. The grand prize winner will be notified by phone and /or email by no later than Monday, July 15, 2013 and provided with instructions for claiming their prize.
3. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim the Prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
4. All decisions made by the Station and Company regarding any aspect of this Promotion are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. Any information collected by registering to enter the Promotion shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Official Rules.
4. No purchase necessary. Promotion is void where prohibited. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
5. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
6. By participating in the Promotion, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, video image, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Promotion, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Promotion, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Promotion sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Promotion.
7. All Promotion winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; The Pepsi Cola Company, any other Promotion parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Promotion participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
8. The Station retains the right to disqualify any participant if all Promotion rules are not followed. Promotion void if prohibited by law.
9. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the Promotion rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
10. KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; The Pepsi Cola Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any participant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Promotion entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the station and will not be returned.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that KBXX-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC; have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Promotion, including; cancellation of the Promotion as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; KBXX-FM may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
13. If for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the promotion is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Promotion entries, or any other causes beyond KBXX-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s control which, in KBXX-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, KBXX-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion at their sole discretion.
14. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, KBXX-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
15. Copies of complete Promotion rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of KBXX-FM located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046 or on the station’s website at http://www.theboxhouston.com.