OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The Hatta’s Elves Contest (“Contest”) will begin on Monday, November 26, 2012 at 5:00 A.M. CST and end on Friday, December 7, 2012 at 11:59 P.M. CST (“Contest Period”). Ninety-Seven (97) winners will each be awarded a bicycle, and the opportunity to attend The Hatta’s Elves Christmas Party which will be held on Saturday, December 15, 2012 from 7:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. at the Dave and Buster’s Richmond Avenue location in Houston, Texas.
HOW TO ENTER / EXECUTION:
Listeners of KBXX-FM who are legal residents of the U.S. residing within the Houston/Galveston, Texas metropolitan area, are eighteen (18) years of age or older and are parents or legal guardians of children between the ages of 7 and 12 years of age will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in this Contest, participants must do the following:
1. Listen to KBXX-FM, 97.9 The Box during the Contest Period, Monday through Friday between the hours of 5:00 A.M. CST and 11:59 P.M. CST, for the contest solicit announcement of the Hatta’s Elves Bike and Invite Giveaway.
2. After the contest solicit has been announced on the air, participants must call in and be the ninth (9th) caller on the KBXX-FM request lines at 713-390-5979.
3. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Promotion participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
4. Upon becoming the designated caller, and describing why their child deserves to be one of Hatta’s Elves, the participant will be awarded a bicycle (bicycle gender, and sizes will vary throughout the Promotion Period, and will be announced at the time of the contest solicit, and winner announcement). At the time of the call, the parent or legal guardian of the winner will be asked to provide their contact information (name, address, phone number, email address) and date of birth of their child.
5. All decisions made by Radio One management regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
6. Winners will be notified by phone and/or email and will be provided with instructions on how to gain access to the event on Saturday, December 15, 2012 at Dave and Busters and how to retrieve their child’s bicycle on the Event date.
7. All decisions made by the management of KBXX-FM, Radio One or any Contest Sponsor regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
1. The Contest is open to listeners of KBXX-FM who are who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and are parents or legal guardians of children between the ages of 7 and 12 years of age, and are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston/Galveston, Texas metropolitan area.
2. Employees of KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC (also “Radio One”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston/ Galveston, Texas metropolitan area, and members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest except as specified within these rules.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another Contest or promotion of any kind from KBXX-FM within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from KBXX-FM during any thirty (30) day period.
5. Participants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
1. Ninety-Seven (97) winners will each be awarded the opportunity to attend the Hatta’s Elves Christmas Party (also “Event”) with their child. The event will be held at Dave and Buster’s located 6010 Richmond Avenue, Houston, Texas 77057 on Saturday, December 15, 2012 from 7:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. Transportation to and from the event are the responsibility of the child’s parent and/or legal guardian. Each winner will be awarded their bicycle at the event. The bicycle will be fully assembled; the child’s parent and/or legal guardian must be able to take possession of the bicycle at the end of the event. Loading, transporting, and delivery of the bicycle from the event are the responsibility of the child’s parent and/or legal guardian. Each child will receive One (1) Dave and Buster’s Power Card good for unlimited play during the Event on non-redemption (non-ticketed) games.
2. All child participants must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian, and the parent or legal guardian will be required to stay at Dave and Buster’s with their child throughout the entire duration of the Event.
3. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by KBXX-FM and/or Radio One, Inc. management in its sole discretion.
4. The parent or legal guardian of the winner must sign and date an official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
5. If for any reason the contest winner’s parent or legal guardian provides notice that he/she has decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of KBXX-FM and/or Radio One, Inc. management whether another contestant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
2. Winners of prizes that total $600 or more in value during any one calendar year are responsible for any and all state, local, and federal taxes based on the retail value of the prizes; and will receive a Form 1099 from KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC for the total amount of winnings; and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Contest entrants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that KBXX-FM, and Radio One of Texas II, LLC have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
6. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
7. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
8. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
9. The station retains the right to disqualify any entrant if all Contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
10. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the Contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
11. KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission, text message, or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the station and will not be returned.
12. KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Contest, including; cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; the station may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
13. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the promotion is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond KBXX-FM, and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s control which, in KBXX-FM, and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, KBXX-FM, and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
14. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, KBXX-FM, and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
15. Copies of complete Contest rules are available upon request at the Houston offices of KBXX-FM, located at 24 Greenway Plaza Suite 900 / Houston, Texas 77046, from 9:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday during the Contest Period or by accessing it online at http://www.theboxhouston.com.