CLOSE
Leave a comment

VIA HUFFINGTON POST: A Mount Prospect man who was preparing an early turkey meal will miss the big day after a deep-frying accident badly burned his leg, requiring an operation scheduled for the day before Thanksgiving.

Serafino Alfe, 30, was deep-frying turkeys for an annual fundraiser when he stumbled into a vat of hot oil, CBS Chicago reports. Alfe was treated at the Loyola Burn Unit with third-degree burns, the most severe, across one of his legs.

“I tripped and fell right into the deep fryer,” Alfe said in a release issued by Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood. “Thirty quarts of hot oil poured over my leg and I basically fried myself.”

The Medical Center issued a news release Monday telling Alfe’s story and warning of the dangers associated with deep-frying, especially for inexperienced chefs. More than 141 serious fires and hot-oil burns have been reported in the United States from turkey fryer use over the last decade, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Thanksgiving is the leading day for cooking fires, with three times as many as on an average day, according to the National Fire Protection Association.

Check out this video!!!

Also On 97.9 The Box:
comments – add yours
×