- Houston ranks 8th nationally in the number of total reported AIDS cases
- African American and Hispanic women together represent less than 25% of all U.S. women, yet they account for more than 78% of AIDS cases reported to date among women.
- Today, 40 million people worldwide are estimated to be living with HIV/AIDS
- An estimated 10 people worldwide contract HIV every minute.
- AIDS is the leading cause of death among African-American women ages 25 to 34 and African-American men ages 35 to 44
- CDC estimates that over a million Americans are currently living with HIV.
- CDC estimates 25% of Americans living with HIV/AIDS are unaware of their HIV infection status.
- 40,000 Americans are newly infected with HIV each year.
- 6 out of every 10 diagnosed HIV infections in the Houston/Harris County are African American.
- An estimated 1 in 90 Houstonians is living with HIV/AIDS.
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
Cassie Accuses Sean Combs of Rape and Years of Abuse in Lawsuit
Brazilian Teenager Dies After Masturbating 42 “Times” Without Stopping!!
Enter The IJustGotHit Christmas Bike Giveaway!
WSS and Adidas Team Up for Holiday Toy Giveaway November 28th
10 Celebrities Caught With Transgender Women [PHOTOS]
Sean Paul ft. Kelly Rowland "How Deep Is Your Love" [AUDIO]
Lauryn Hill Responds To Robert Glasper: "Who Are You To Say I Didn’t Do Enough?"