- Houston ranks 8th nationally in the number of total reported AIDS cases
- African American and Hispanic women together represent less than 25% of all U.S. women, yet they account for more than 78% of AIDS cases reported to date among women.
- Today, 40 million people worldwide are estimated to be living with HIV/AIDS
- An estimated 10 people worldwide contract HIV every minute.
- AIDS is the leading cause of death among African-American women ages 25 to 34 and African-American men ages 35 to 44
- CDC estimates that over a million Americans are currently living with HIV.
- CDC estimates 25% of Americans living with HIV/AIDS are unaware of their HIV infection status.
- 40,000 Americans are newly infected with HIV each year.
- 6 out of every 10 diagnosed HIV infections in the Houston/Harris County are African American.
- An estimated 1 in 90 Houstonians is living with HIV/AIDS.
More from 97.9 The Box
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passes Away During Surgery
Influencer Dies After Taking Part In Social Media Drinking Challenge
Brazilian Teenager Dies After Masturbating 42 “Times” Without Stopping!!
Texas Legislators Vote To Eliminate Annual Vehicle Inspections
BREAKING: Fetty Wap Sentenced to 6 Years in Jail
Patrick Clark Indicted By Harris County Jury For Takeoff Murder
Win $250 Cash with The 97.9 CASHOUT Contest
The Ultimate Urban Adventure! Win 4 Free Tickets to Urban Camp Weekend