Trying to come up with an essential Slim Thug is a reason to reminisce and look back. Some have been bumping the Northside Boss since the late ’90s. Others caught on around the Swishahouse explosion with “Still Tippin'”. Everybody has a favorite record from Slim. Everybody. With an unmistakable drawl and baritone, the 6’6″ rapper and mogul first exploded on the scene on Mista Madd’s “Down South” and then Lil’ O’s “We Ain’t Broke No Mo.” Combine that with countless Swishahouse freestyles and well, you have a career spanning artist. From the duo tapes with Killa Kyleon and ESG to creating anthems such as “Houston” and “Welcome 2 Houston,” Slim’s always crafted tracks with Houston
This, is the Essential Slim Thug Playlist.
Catch Slim perform these hits and MORE at his 20th anniversary concert on August 3rd at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets and info below.
1. Swishahouse, “Before Da Kappa 2k1”
2. Mista Madd feat. Slim Thug & Yungstar, “Down South”
3. Slim Thug & ESG, “Braids & Fades”
4. Lil O’ feat. Slim Thug & Big T, “We Ain’t Broke No Mo”
5. Slim Thug & ESG, “Get Ya Hands Up”