Just a day after a startling report regarding just how often gun-related deaths occur was released, another telling incident has come to light.
An 11-year-old Tennessee girl was fatally shot by her classmate in the garage of the 12-year-old boy’s home on Friday night, said police.
The shooting occurred while the boy’s mother was home in the neighborhood of Estill Springs. Sienna Dusk Owens was shot in the upper back around 6:30 p.m. and was later pronounced dead at a nearby hospital, according to the Franklin County Sheriff’s office.
Sgt. Chris Guess said that charges have yet to be filed, as all available evidence has been gathered and turned over to the district attorney’s office. “What you have to determine in a situation like this is if it’s accidental, intentional or some kind of reckless behavior. It can only be one of those three things,” Guess said.
Since the tragic event, Owens’ mother has started a GoFundMe page to help cover funeral costs, and the family has received over $4,000 in just one day.
SOURCE: NY Daily News | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
Pray For Paris: 14 Heartbreaking Photos Following The Attacks
1. Las Vegas turns the lights on its Eiffel Tower replica off, showing solidarity with Paris following multiple terror attacks.Source:Getty 1 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.Source:Getty 2 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.Source:Getty 3 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.Source:Getty 4 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.Source:Getty 5 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.Source:Getty 6 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.Source:Getty 7 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.Source:Getty 8 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.Source:Getty 9 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.Source:Getty 10 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.Source:Getty 11 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.Source:Getty 12 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.Source:Getty 13 of 14
14. Pray for Paris.Source:Getty 14 of 14
11-Year-Old Tennessee Girl Fatally Shot By 12-Year-Old Classmate was originally published on globalgrind.com