October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
1. Richard Roundtree was diagnosed with a rare male breast cancer in ’93 and underwent a double mastectomy at age 61.
2. Angelina Jolie tested positive for the breast cancer gene BRCA1 in 2014. As a result she had a double mastectomy.
3. Robin Roberts was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007 and returned to work a month after surgery & chemo. (AP)
4. Patti LaBelle was diagnosed in 2005 and is cancer-free today. (Photo: AP)
5. Hoda Kotb was diagnosed in 2006 and underwent a mastectomy & reconstructive surgery. She is now cancer-free. (AP)
6. Fashion designer Betsy Johnson was diagnosed in 2002 is now cancer-free. (Photo: AP)
7. Almost 8 years ago, Vanessa Bell Calloway had a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery on her right breast on October 26. (PR)
8. Rene Syler chose to have a preventive mastectomy due to carrying the breast cancer gene. She is cancer-free today and happy. (PR)
9. Cynthia Nixon of Sex & the City fame was diagnosed in 2006. She had a lumpectomy and radiation and is now cancer-free.
10. Actress and civil leader Ruby Dee was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1970. 47 years later and she hasn’t let her beat her down. (PR)
11. Motivational speaker Bershan Shaw at age 33 was diagnosed with breast cancer and got through it. Two years later the cancer came back as a stage 4 diagnose, but she worked really hard and beat it then too.
[VIDEO] Man Punched For Yelling During Beyonce Mute Challenge In Houston
Social Media Reacts To 'Shocking' New Mugshot As Tory Lanez Transferred To State Prison
Beyoncé Renaissance World Tour Houston: Our Favorite Moments
Sept. 18th is National Cheeseburger Day: Here Are 10 Delicious Burger Deals
Brazilian Teenager Dies After Masturbating 42 “Times” Without Stopping!!
Rest in Peace: Irish Grinstead of 90's Group 702 Passes Away at Age 43
Classics: 7 Scenes From The Movie 'Life' We Still Quote Everyday
Krayzie Bone ‘Fighting For His Life’ In LA Hospital, Per Report