1. Rihanna and Chris Brown jump-started the star tattoo wave.
2. Finger tattoos came, and they conquered.
3. Matching ring finger tattoos with your significant other is the new wedding ring.
4. Henna tattoos may never go out of style. Hi, Rihanna.
5. Tramp Stamps: something we all look back on and think: ‘WTF was I thinking?’
6. Rosary Tattoos were a huge wave in the early 2000s.
7. Cross tattoos can be classy or cliche; depending on how you rock it.
8. Cartoon character tattoos are only for the free-spirited.
9. Realistic portraits are for the brave-hearted.
10. Feather tattoos are one of the most feminine ink ideas.
11. Birds symbolize freedom and purity.
12. Dreamcatcher tattoos are a millennial thing.
13. Name tattoos signify great love (i.e. significant others, children, etc.)
More From TheBoxHouston