BUD LIGHT GETAWAY CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Bud Light Getaway contest (“Contest”) will begin on Thursday, June 27th, 2019 and end on Friday, July 14, 2019 (“Contest Period”). Ten (10) on air and fifteen (15) online qualifying winners will receive: Two (2) Sunday Funday Pool Party passes to be held at Marriot Marquis in Downtown Houston on Sunday, July 21, 2019 (ARV = $100). One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded the following: a four-day cruise for two leaving from Miami visiting Key West and Great Stirrup Cay, Norwegian Cruise Line’s Private Island in the Bahamas and round trip airfare for two from Houston, TX to Miami, FL. (ARV = $5,000).
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of KBXX-FM (“Station”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston, TX metropolitan area and are 21 years of age or older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
- During the Contest Period, listen to the Station for the on-air announcement for the 9th caller to contact the Station. Be the designated caller at 713-621-0979 after the on-air solicitation for callers has been made.
- WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in the Contest.
- Listeners may also register online at theboxhouston.com from Thursday, June 27th, 2019 through Sunday, July 14th, 2019. Ten (10) online winners will be notified of their winning on Monday, July 15, 2019 via phone.
- Eligible callers and registrants will be asked to verify their contact information (e.g. name, address, phone number, and email address).
- The Contest is open to listeners of the Station who are 21 years of age or older and are legal residents of the United States residing with the Houston, Texas metropolitan area as of the commencement date of the Contest.
- Employees of the Station, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, (the “Company”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston, Texas metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
- Travel guest of grand prize winner must also be twenty one (21) years of age or older and a legal resident of the U.S. Winner and guest must each possess required travel documents (e.g. valid driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued I.D. containing the person’s name, date of birth, and photograph) prior to departure and must travel on the same itinerary. Travel guest will be required to sign and submit all requested release forms along with the grand prize winner. Winner and guest will be required to have a valid passport prior to travel.
- Participants may only win one (1) qualifying prize and / or one (1) grand prize during this Contest.
- Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from the Station within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Station during any thirty (30) day period.
- Qualifying on-air prizes will include the following:
- Two (2) Sunday Funday Pool Party passes to be held at Marriot Marquis in Downtown Houston on Sunday, July 21, 2019 (ARV = $100).
- Grand Prize package will include the following:
- A four day cruise for two leaving form Miami visiting Key West and Great Stirrup Cay, Norwegian Cruise Line’s Private Island in the Bahamas and round trip airfare for two from Houston, TX to Miami, FL. (ARV = $5,000). Meals or ground transportation between the airport and hotel are not included; The trip must be taken within one year of winning.
- Ground transportation, luggage costs, meals, beverages, hotel room service, gratuities, souvenirs, incidentals, and all other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest.
- Trip must be completed within one (1) year of the date of being awarded the prize. Travel times and accommodations are subject to availability. Certain blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
- Dates and times of concerts, trips, events, and activities promoted by event sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of the Station and the Company. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. Station is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer. The Station and the Company are not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
- To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize element is unavailable.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station
- All Contest winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
- All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check. Winners will be notified when their prize check is available for pick-up.
- If Contest winner does not claim their prize by 5pm on Thursday, August 22, 2019, the prize will be forfeited.
- The prize may only be claimed by the actual winner. Friends and family members are not eligible to claim the prize on behalf of the winner.
- Winners must provide valid identification (e.g. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued I.D. containing the person’s name, date of birth, and photograph) to claim their prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
- The Station, the Company, and its affiliates and promotional partners shall not be liable for any claims made by ineligible entrants.
- If for any reason a contest winner provides notice that they have decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner may be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Contest administrator and / or Contest sponsor if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
- In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Station, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Station and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
- During the Contest Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Contest by During the Contest Period, listen to the Station for the on-air announcement for the 9th caller to contact the Station. Be the designated caller at 713-621-0979 after the on-air solicitation for callers has been made.
- Contestants may also register online at theboxhouston.com from Thursday, June 27th, 2019 through Sunday, July 14th, 2019.
- On Sunday, July 21, 2019, one (1) grand prize winner will be determined by drawing at random among all eligible qualifying winners who are in attendance of the Sunday Funday Pool Party to be held at Marriot Marquis in Downtown Houston on Sunday, July 21, 2019. Contestants must be present at Sunday Funday Pool Party in order to win the Grand Prize.
- The grand prize winner will be notified in on Sunday, July 21, 2019 and provided with instructions for claiming their prize.
- All decisions made by the Station and Company management regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
- Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
- No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
- By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
- All contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Station, the Company, any other contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
- The Station retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all Contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
- So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
- The Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, the Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
- By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Station and the Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Station, the Company its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and any other promotional parties will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the contest, including; cancellation of the contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur, the Station may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the Prize originally awarded.
- If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond the Station and the Company’s, control which, in the Station and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Station and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
- Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- Copies of contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the Station, located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, TX 77046. Copies of contest rules may also be made available on the Station’s website or during on-site / in-person remote events.