Nearly a decade after legendary singer Whitney Houston‘s tragic death, the woman who was by her side for most of her rise is ready to spill the beans on their relationship.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Do you remember Robyn Crawford, who was famously disliked by Whitney’s husband Bobby Brown? In a recent biopic movie for BET, Bobby revealed her fought with Robyn over her strange attachment to Whitney, giving his wife an ultimatum to cut her off completely at one point. Robyn was rumored to have had a sexual affair with Whitney that lasted throughout her relationship with Bobby Brown.
Robyn promises to “set the record straight” about her relationship with Whitney in the description of her yet to be released memoir, “A Song For You.”
Since Whitney’s death in 2012, that trusted and loyal friend, Robyn Crawford, has stayed out of the limelight and held the great joys, wild adventures, and hard truths of her life with Whitney close to her heart. In A Song for You, Robyn breaks her silence to share the moving and often complicated story of her life and relationship with Whitney.
With warmth, candor, and an impressive recall of detail, Robyn gives readers insight into Whitney’s life and career. She traces the years from when she and Whitney first met as teenagers in the 1980s to the recording of Whitney’s first album and the infinite success that followed. From countless sold-out world tours to her epic rendition of the US national anthem to the set of The Bodyguard, her tempestuous marriage, and the birth of her only child, Robyn was there.
Deeply personal and heartfelt, A Song for You is the vital, honest, and previously untold story that provides an understanding of the complex life of Whitney Houston. Finally, the person who knew her best sets the record straight.
The book is set to hit shelves in November 2019. Read more at Bossip.com.
13 Of The Best Rap Memoirs Of All Time
1. LL Cool J's 'I Make My Own Rules' is a must-read full of unbelievable stories, including one about how his abusive father shot his mom in the back.Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. In 'The Tao Of Wu,' RZA shares many of the life-taught lessons that made him the spiritually enlightened man he is today.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. We all watched as Gucci Mane turned his life around...in his autobiography we come to understand how he achieved such a feat.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. In her book 'Let's Talk About Pep,' Pepa shocked the world with her story of almost getting gang raped.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. 'Decoded' isn't your average memoir, as Jay-Z uses the lyrics from his songs to break down the stories of his life.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Common's 'One Day It'll All Make Sense' is all about how he became the man we know and love. He tells stories of his childhood and opens up about not having a father.Source:WENN 6 of 13
7. Sharing stories from his tumultuous life, 50 Cent's 'The 50th Law' is described as a "bible" for how to succeed in life based on this principle: "fear nothing."Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Delve into the complicated mind of Marshall Mathers, as he shares his private reflections, handwritten lyrics, and more in 'Eminem: The Way I Am.'Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. Rick Ross' highly anticipated memoir is set to tell the story of how he beat the odds amid Miami's rising crack epidemic. His fans can't wait to tune in.Source:Instagram 9 of 13
10. In 'The World According To Questlove,' the iconic musician talks about what it was like to grow up in Philly. He also chimes in on the state of Hip-Hop.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. Karrine Steffans is no rapper, but her book 'Confessions of a Video Vixen' included some very explicit tales from her time in the industry—so explicit, it went viral before viral was even a thing.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. In his autobiography, 'My Infamous Life' Prodigy claimed Capone (of Capone-N-Noreaga) was a snitch in the murder trial for Havoc's brother. This book is unforgettable.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Last but not least, U-God's peers say his memoir 'Raw: My Journey into the Wu-Tang' is nothing short of "mesmerizing."Source:Getty 13 of 13
ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- Remember The Time A Young Offset Was In A Whitney Houston Video?
- Kanye West Pays $85K For Rights To Whitney Houston’s Drug Bathroom Pic
- Cissy Houston Speaks About The Allegations That Whitney Houston Was Molested By Her Cousin