SHABANA MOTORS $40K GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Shabana Motors 40K Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on January 16, 2019 and end on February 25, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded the following: Forty Thousand Dollars ($40,000) in the form of a check.
HOW TO ENTER / EXECUTION:
Listeners of KBXX-FM (“Station”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston, Texas metropolitan area and are 21 years of age or older will be able to take part in this Sweepstakes. During the Sweepstakes Period there will be two (2) ways to enter. To participate in the Sweepstakes, listeners must use one of the following methods:
• During the Sweepstakes Period listen to the Station, at the top of the hour, every other hour, for the Shabana Motors Song of the Hour.
• Once the designated song has aired, participants must be the 9th caller to contact the Station at the announced phone number after the song has aired.
• WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Sweepstakes participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in the Sweepstakes.
• Eligible callers will be asked to verify their contact information (e.g. name, address, phone number, and email address).
• Upon becoming the correct caller, eligible participants will be entered into the drawing for a chance to win the grand prize.
On-Site Retail Registration:
• Beginning at 10am CST on January 16, 2019 and ending at 4pm CST on February 25, 2019, eligible participants can register on-site for the Sweepstakes by providing their name, address and other requested contact information on an official registration form available at Shabana Motors located at 9811 Southwest Freeway, Houston, Texas 77074.
• All completed retail entry forms must be received by 4:00pm CST on February 25, 2019 to be eligible to be entered into the grand prize drawing for a chance to win.
1. On February 26, 2019, one (1) grand prize winner will be determined by random drawing, by KBXX 97.9 The Box and Shabana Motors, from among all eligible entrants that participated on-air or through on-site registration during the Sweepstakes Period.
2. The grand prize winner will be notified by phone and / or email by no later than February 26, 2019 and provided with instructions for claiming their prize.
3. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Station management which will be final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes.
1. The Sweepstakes is open to listeners of the Station who are 21 years of age or older and are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston, Texas metropolitan area as of the commencement date of the Sweepstakes.
2. Employees of the Station, Radio One of Texas II, LLC (the “Company”), Shabana Motors, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston, Texas metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households of any of the above (whether related or not) are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
3. Participants may only win one (1) grand prize during this Sweepstakes. There is no qualifying prize.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another sweepstakes or promotion of any kind from the Station within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Station during any thirty (30) day period.
1. Grand Prize package will include the following:
One (1) winner will be awarded a cash prize of Forty Thousand Dollars ($40,000) in the form of a check.
2. To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
3. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion. The Station reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised Prize element is unavailable.
4. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station
5. All Sweepstakes winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
6. Prize will not be mailed. Unless otherwise provided, prize must be claimed at the Station’s offices by no later than 5pm on March 29, 2019, or the prize will be forfeited.
7. The prize may only be claimed by the actual winner. Friends and family members are not eligible to claim the prize on behalf of the winner.
8. All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check. Winners will be notified when their prize check is available for pick-up.
9. The Station, the Company, and its affiliates and promotional partners shall not be liable for any claims made by ineligible entrants.
10. If for any reason a Sweepstakes winner provides notice that they have decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner may be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Sweepstakes administrator and / or Sweepstakes sponsor if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
11. Winners must provide valid identification (e.g. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued I.D. containing the person’s name, date of birth, and photograph) to claim their prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
12. In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Station, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Station and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
1. Winners are responsible for payment of all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Sweepstakes.
6. All Sweepstakes winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Station, the Company, any other Sweepstakes parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Sweepstakes participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. The Station retains the right to disqualify any entrant if all Sweepstakes rules are not followed. Sweepstakes void if prohibited by law.
8. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the Station reserves the right to make changes in the Sweepstakes rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
9. The Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, the Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Sweepstakes entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
10. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Station and the Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
11. The Station, the Company its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and any other promotional parties will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Sweepstakes, including; cancellation of the Sweepstakes as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur, the Station may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the Prize originally awarded.
12. If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Sweepstakes entries, or any other causes beyond the Station and the Company’s, control which, in the Station and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Station and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at their sole discretion.
13. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
14. Copies of Sweepstakes rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the Station, located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite #900, Houston, TX 77046. Copies of Sweepstakes rules may also be made available on the Station’s website or during on-site / in-person remote events.