Meek Mill recently spoke to Lester Holt of NBC Nightly News to discuss his current incarceration and his plans to help minorities when he’s released from prison. During the interview, Meek stated that he always had a feeling that being on probation for 10 years would eventually land him back in prison.
“It was always a thought in the back of my mind that 10 years of probation would bring me back to prison because a technical violation is police contact,” the rapper told Holt. “Like, police contact, you don’t have to be charged with a crime. You don’t have to be found guilty of a crime; you can be sentenced to what you were sentenced for like, what I was facing.”
Since his incarceration, he’s gotten plenty of support across the board from Jay-Z and his peers in rap to new Philadelphia D.A. Larry Krasner, the co-owner of the Philadelphia 76ers, Michael Rubin, New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft, Philly Mayor Jim Kenney and Pennsylvania governor Tom Wolf.
Although his fight for freedom has lasted far longer than many originally expected, Meek already has an idea of what he wants to do once he’s finally released. “I think God delivered me a job to help people, helping minorities that come from these situations like myself,” he said. “I say don’t show me no pity because this is my life. This is what I’ve been going through and I think God put me in this position to be able to do a show with Lester Holt and open up eyes for other young Black men.”
- Did Jussie Smollett Stage His Own Attack?
- O.D. Excellence: These Teachers Have Officially Won Black History Month
- Dave Chappelle Personally Delivers Show Tickets To Couple Hit With Scam
- ‘Fortnite’ Lawsuits Looking Shaky: Copyright Office Says Nah To Alfonso Ribeiro Registering “Carlton Dance”
- Baltimore County Judge Overturns Korryn Gaines $38 Million Settlement
- Damaria Keeps Them Guessing With Her “Damn Pride” Video [NEW VIDEO]
- West Virginia Official Who Called Michelle Obama ‘An Ape In Heels’ Faces 30 Years In Prison For FEMA Fraud
- Sheck Wes Dropped As Spokesperson For MLS Following Abuse Allegations
- WIN: FRESH EMPIRE VIP #SQUADGOAL TICKETS
- Report: Kaepernick, NFL Resolve Collusion Case