On Sunday, the Houston Texans and Rookie Quarterback Deshaun Watson made history and broke records in their 57-14 win over the Tennessee Titans.
The Houston Texans dominated the game and Deshaun had five-touchdown with four passing and one rushing.
“I’m not surprised at all,” WR DeAndre Hopkins said after the game. “The way we worked in practice, the game plan that head coach Bill O’Brien called, the way we worked in general, just at practice we knew that we could take advantage of some things. We knew if the defense started to run and took care business, that we were going to put up points.”
According the the ESPN Stats and information, here is what the Texans and Watson did during the game on Sunday:
– The Texans scored more points ever in franchise history with 57 points and the last big score was 45 points in their 2014 season
– The Texans won by the largest margin in franchise history with 43 points. Their previous record for largest margin was 34 points in their 2011 season against the Titans.
– The Texans scored the most points in an NFL game since 2012 when the Seattle Seahawks scored 58 points against the Arizona Cardinals.
As far as Deshaun Watson’s record game:
– Watson posted a 98.1 Total QBR making him the second-highest QBR by a rookie since 2016 when data started being tracked
– Watson is the third rookie in NFL history with four passing touched owns and one rushing touchdown in a game. He was 25-of-34 for 283 yards.
– Watson was 21 of 24 for 192 yards and three touchdowns on throws fewer than 15 yards downfield
“He really can throw the football,’ O’Brien said. “He’s a very accurate passer. He’s got big hands. He can really sling it, and he’s a very smart runner. Running is not all about speed. It’s about instincts and understanding how plays are being blocked and understanding how plays are being blocked and understanding the defense that you’re seeing to kind of weave your way through. And so far, so good with that.”
What’s Watson going to do on Sunday when the Texans face the undefeated Chiefs?
Also On 97.9 The Box:
Beyoncé's Best Post-Pregnancy Slays [PHOTOS]
49 photos Launch gallery