Barack Obama may be enjoying his time as a regular citizen, but one thing he didn’t enjoy was dropping off his first-born at college.
While speaking to a crowd at a reception for the Beau Biden Foundation on Monday, Obama revealed that he shed a few tears on the way home after moving Malia into her dorm room.
“I dropped off Malia at college, and I was saying to Joe and Jill (Biden) that it was a little bit like open-heart surgery, and I was proud that I did not cry in front of her,” he said. “But on the way back, the Secret Service was off, looking straight ahead, pretending they weren’t hearing me as I sniffled and blew my nose. It was rough.”
Malia Obama began her four-year stint at Harvard University last month after completing a gap year. Photographers captured the Obama family leaving Malia’s dorm during move in weekend.
The former commander-in-chief is no stranger to choking up when it comes to his children. During a January 2016 interview, Obama said he would be too emotionally distraught to speak at his daughter’s high school graduation because he would be overwhelmed with tears.
It won’t be too long before his youngest daughter Sasha, 16, graduates from college. The Obamas are currently residing in Washington D.C. until Sasha completes her senior year of high school.
Round two of the tears may occur sooner rather than later.
SOURCE: USA Today
11 Reasons We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.Source:Getty 1 of 8
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.Source:Getty 2 of 8
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.Source:Getty 3 of 8
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.Source:Getty 4 of 8
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.Source:Getty 5 of 8
6. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.Source:Getty 6 of 8
7. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.Source:Getty 7 of 8
8. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.Source:Getty 8 of 8
Barack Obama Shed Daddy Tears After Dropping Off Malia At Harvard was originally published on hellobeautiful.com