Essence Festival is approaching and thousands of people will be descending upon New Orleans, LA to have women empowerment, food and fun, and Black excellence in the Bayou. If this is your first (of fifth) Essence Festival, there are definitely items that you are going to need.
A MINI MISTING FAN
It can be over 100 degrees in July in New Orleans, so stay cool in the heat. This mini misting fan is perfect because it’s charged via USB and only $19.99.
It’s HOT out there and you want to look haute in your outfit. Know those croissant-shaped sweat patches that form around your underboob from a really hot day outside? Wick’em Bra Liners will prevent this from happening and you need them in New Orleans. This bra liner is also great for women recovering from breast cancer, breast cancer surgery or have sensitive skin to underwire.
The convention center is HUGE and can take 20 minutes to walk from one end to the other. Between attending inspirational talks, meeting your favorite celebs, and watching some epic performances, the last thing you need is to worry about your phone dying. This portable charger will charge your phone up to 3 times.
Black people: wear sunscreen. We burn, too! This isn’t just any sunscreen. This Anthelios Cooling SPF 30 Sunscreen cools as you apply. It has a refreshing water-like texture, but doesn’t leave a film or residue on your screen. You’ll feel like you’re relaxing in the pool, even though you are on land.
Did I just say you need a scarf in the heat? Yes, you do. This Nano Ice Cooling Scarf will keep you cool for at least two hours once you take it out the freezer. The colorful design doesn’t even make people think you are wearing this piece for practical purposes…just fashionable!
ESSENCE FESTIVAL STREETSTYLE: Haute Hair And Statement Style In The Beautiful Bayou
1. STATEMENT SUNNIESSource:Hello Beautiful 1 of 32
2. SOUTHERN STYLESource:Hello Beautiful 2 of 32
3. SMILESource:Hello Beautiful 3 of 32
4. TOP NOTCH WITH THE TOP KNOTSource:Hello Beautiful 4 of 32
5. IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILSSource:Hello Beautiful 5 of 32
6. GIVE 'EM THE COLD SHOULDERSource:Hello Beautiful 6 of 32
7. ERICA ASHSource:Hello Beautiful 7 of 32
8. POP OF COLOR PUM PUM SHORTS!Source:Hello Beautiful 8 of 32
9. FUN WITH FRIENDS!Source:Hello Beautiful 9 of 32
10. COOL COORDINATESSource:Hello Beautiful 10 of 32
11.Source:Hello Beautiful 11 of 32
12. AFROSource:Hello Beautiful 12 of 32
13.Source:Hello Beautiful 13 of 32
14. GO BOLD!Source:Hello Beautiful 14 of 32
15. DENIM DELICATESSource:Hello Beautiful 15 of 32
16.Source:Hello Beautiful 16 of 32
17. BLUE STEELSource:Hello Beautiful 17 of 32
18. PATTERN PARTY!Source:Hello Beautiful 18 of 32
19. STYLIN' IN STRIPES!Source:Hello Beautiful 19 of 32
20. FLASH TATTOOSSource:Hello Beautiful 20 of 32
21. COOL KAFTANSource:Hello Beautiful 21 of 32
22.Source:Hello Beautiful 22 of 32
23. 4TH OF JULY STYLESource:Hello Beautiful 23 of 32
24.Source:Hello Beautiful 24 of 32
25. HIGHLIGHT WITH GRAYSource:Hello Beautiful 25 of 32
26. KEEPING COOLSource:Hello Beautiful 26 of 32
27. BODY ARTSource:Hello Beautiful 27 of 32
28.Source:Hello Beautiful 28 of 32
29.Source:Hello Beautiful 29 of 32
30. GO FOR GLADIATOR STYLESource:Hello Beautiful 30 of 32
31.Source:Hello Beautiful 31 of 32
32.Source:Hello Beautiful 32 of 32
FAB FINDS: The 5 Items You Didn’t Even Know You Need For Essence Festival (But Do) was originally published on hellobeautiful.com