We all know the justice system is conspiring to sink its vicious teeth into innocent young Black men. But the proof is always more astounding when it comes from White allies who witness first-hand how corrupt law enforcement can be.
Former computer scientist-turned-criminal defense attorney Greg Doucette let his Twitter followers in on one of his cases that had him heated – only a needle in the haystack of daily cases, in which the court system fails young black men. Take a look at what he had to say.
Though there were clearly no skid marks that proved the 17 year old was “doing donuts in [the] street,” that’s the story the responding officer told anyway.
Doucette was beyond disgusted that a young boy trying not to hit a cat could be brought in to court to spend money on defending his innocence for no good reason at all. In 2016, driving while Black is still a crime in America.
Read Doucette’s mind-boggling story in full over at VIBE. The worst part is, the police officer will face no consequences.
Source: VIBE | PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter
Justice For...A List Of People Killed By Police In 2014 (PHOTOS)
1. Jordan Baker, 26, Killed January 2014 In Texas1 of 20
2. McKenzie Cochran, 25, Killed January 2014 In Detroit2 of 20
3. Keith Vidal, 18, Killed January 2014 In North Carolina3 of 20
4. Yvette Smith, 47, Killed February 2014 In Texas4 of 20
5. Victor White III, 22, Killed March 2014 In Louisiana5 of 20
6. Dontre Hamilton, 31, Killed April 2014 In Milwaukee6 of 20
7. Jason Harrison, 28, Killed June 2014 In Texas7 of 20
8. Eric Garner, 43, Killed July 2014 In NYCSource:Youtube 8 of 20
9. Ezell Ford, Killed August 2014 In California9 of 20
10. Dante Parker, 36, Killed August 2014 In California10 of 20
11. Kajieme Powell, 25, Killed August 2014 In St. Louis11 of 20
12. Omar Abrego, 37, Killed August 2014 In California12 of 20
13. Maria Godinez, 22, Killed August 2014 In Orlando13 of 20
14. Michael Brown Jr., 18, Killed August 2014 in Ferguson, Mo.14 of 20
15. Darrien Hunt, 22, Killed September 2014 In Utah15 of 20
16. Jack Jacquez, 27, Killed November 2014 In Colorado16 of 20
17. Tamir Rice, 12, Killed November 2014 In Ohio17 of 20
18. Akai Gurley, 28, Killed November 2014 In NYC18 of 20
19. Tanesha Anderson, 37, Killed November 2014 In Cleveland19 of 20
20. Rumain Brisbon, 34, Killed December 2014 In Arizona20 of 20
Driving While Black: Lawyer Exposes The Crooked Justice System In Mind-Boggling Twitter Tale was originally published on globalgrind.com