Star Wars actor John Boyega just doesn’t have time for the racist bullshit.
Boyega, who plays the lead in the upcoming film, The Force Awakens, has been under intense scrutiny for his roll as a stormtrooper. Some fools have even threatened to boycott the film.
But while they’re filling buckets with their racist tears, John is too busy making moves to be concerned about anyone’s opinion of him.
When asked how the comments made him feel, he told the New York Times.
“It made me feel fine. I’m grounded in who I am, and I am a confident black man. A confident, Nigerian, black chocolate man.”
Seriously, we may have slow clapped at that comment.
He told the Times:
It made me feel fine. I’m grounded in who I am, and I am a confident black man. A confident, Nigerian, black, chocolate man. I’m proud of my heritage, and no man can take that away from me. I wasn’t raised to fear people with a difference of opinion. They are merely victims of a disease in their mind. To get into a serious dialogue with people who judge a person based on the melanin in their skin? They’re stupid, and I’m not going to lose sleep over people. The presale tickets have gone through the roof — their agenda has failed. Miserably.
“I just don’t get it. You guys got every single alien in this movie imaginable to man. With tentacles, five eyes. Aliens that, if they existed, we’d definitely have an issue. We’d have to get them to the government and be, like, “What are you?” Yet what you want to do is fixate on another human being’s color. You need to go back to school and unlearn what you have learned. I think Yoda said that, or Obi-Wan.
Yes, yes and more yes!
Star Wars Intergalactic Red Carpet Premiere
1. Lupita served out of this world flyness on the Star Wars red carpet. Take a look at the rest of the star power.Source:Getty 1 of 12
2. Actress Lupita Nyong'oSource:Getty 2 of 12
3. Karrueche TranSource:Getty 3 of 12
4. Spike Lee and actress Tonya LewisSource:Getty 4 of 12
5. Actor John BoyegaSource:Getty 5 of 12
6. Actor John BoyegaSource:Getty 6 of 12
7. Actor Joe Manganiello and wife/actress Sofia VergaraSource:Getty 7 of 12
8. Actors Zach Braff and Donald FaisonSource:Getty 8 of 12
9. Actor David Oyelowo with familySource:Getty 9 of 12
10. Director George Lucas and wife Mellody HobsonSource:Getty 10 of 12
11. Artist Janelle MonaeSource:Getty 11 of 12
12. 1450198822336Source:Getty 12 of 12
‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega Has No Time To Worry About Racist White Tears was originally published on hellobeautiful.com