The parents of famed NFL quarterback Doug Flutie died Wednesday morning less than an hour apart from each other.
Richard Flutie had been ill and died of a heart attack while in the hospital. Shortly after, Joan Flutie suffered a sudden heart attack and also passed away. The two had been married for 56 years.
Doug, 53, took to Facebook to pay his respects:
“They say you can die of a broken heart and I believe it. I would like to honor my parents for all that they did throughout my and my brothers’ and sister’s lives. My parents were always there for their children, from the days my Dad coached us as kids and my Mom would work the concession stands, through to this morning. The most important part of their 56 years of marriage was providing opportunities to their children. They were incredible parents and Grandparents and my family and I will miss them both.”
Doug Flutie was one of the best college football players to touch the turf, with a storied career at Boston College. He then went on to play in the NFL, led the Buffalo Bills to the playoffs, and ultimately joined the Canadian Football League. Like many retired players with a knack for the game and an infectious personality, he now serves as a broadcaster for NBC during Notre Dame football games.
SOURCE: TODAY, Facebook | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
The Hottest Rookies Of The 2014-2015 NFL Season (PHOTOS)
1. Cody Latimer of the Broncos.1 of 13
2. Bashaud Breeland of the Redskins.2 of 13
3. Johnny Manziel of the Browns.3 of 13
4. Jadeveon Clowney of the Texans.4 of 13
5. Brandin Cooks of the Saints.5 of 13
6. Deone Bucannon of the Cardinals.6 of 13
7. Blake Bortles of the Jaguars.7 of 13
8. Jimmie Ward of the 49ers.8 of 13
9. Haha Clinton-Dix of the Packers.9 of 13
10. Khalil Mack of the Raiders.10 of 13
11. Aaron Lynch of the 49ers.11 of 13
12. Bishop Sankey of the Titans.12 of 13
13. Ryan Grant of the Redskins.13 of 13
NFL Star Doug Flutie’s Parents Die On The Same Day was originally published on globalgrind.com