Listen Live
97.9 The Box Featured Video

A Florida woman is just now discovering that fireworks don’t work well as an alarm clock. says a 36-year-old woman lost three fingers while attempting to wake up her boyfriend with fireworks early last Sunday.  The woman told Gainesville Police she had been drinking when she decided to throw a firework out the door with the hopes it would wake up her man.  Unfortunately, the firework exploded in her hand, taking off her thumb, middle and ring fingers.  The woman was taken to a local hospital for treatment.  The boyfriend has since told authorities he didn’t know they had any fireworks in their house, adding that his girlfriend’s behavior was out of character.

Andrew Michalscheck/Kathy Taylor/sw/abm/kt

Copyright © 2011
Metro Networks Inc. 

08-11-2011 00:14:23