If you’re in your planning stages of creating your big Christmas meal for you and your dinner guests, here’s an item to you may like. Food Network star, Aaron McCargo Jr. of the Big Daddy House show presents a festive way to spice up your Holiday menu with his Christmas Cobb Salad.
The recipe is easy and requires less than 30 minutes to prepare.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 pound ham steak, fully cooked, large dice
- 1/2 pound bow tie pasta, cooked
- 3 tablespoons minced sweet gherkins
- Bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup small diced Gouda
- Marinated Green Beans, recipe follows
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Vinaigrette, recipe follows
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a sheet tray with nonstick spray.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, brown sugar, and apple cider. Add the ham and mix well. Put the ham mixture on a sheet tray and bake until warmed through and the ham develops color, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Add the pasta, gherkins and parsley to the bowl with the vinaigrette and stir to coat. Line a large serving bowl with Bibb lettuce and add the pasta. Arrange the red onions, Gouda, marinated green beans, and cooked ham in rows on top of the pasta. Serve.
Marinated Green Beans:
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed, cut in thirds
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cracked black pepper
Bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the green beans and cook until bright green and tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the green beans and shock them in an ice bath.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the garlic, red pepper flakes, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Drain the green beans from the ice water and toss them in the marinade until well coated. Set aside.
Happy Holidays and Enjoy!