The New York Times has released their list of top ten albums of 2010 and topping this year’s list is the latest studio project from Rick Ross, Teflon Don.
The Bawse beat out Taylor Swift’s Speak Now (#2) and Kanye’s highly regarded My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy that was ranked number #3.
Following that was Drake’s Thank Me Later (#4) and Titus Andronicus’ The Monitor (#5.)
Nicki Minaj was also named in the mix but did not make the list of top ten albums.
The NY Times described Ross’ project saying,
“Finally, a new hip-hop superhero: on his fourth album, Rick Ross fully inhabits his Rick Rossness, celebrating his growth as a rapper and the return of new money as an aesthetic.”
Check out the NY Times list of top ten albums below.
1. Rick Ross – Teflon Don
2. Taylor Swift – Speak Now
3. Kanye West – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
4. Drake – Thank Me Later
5. Titus Andronicus – The Monitor
6. Gary Allan – Get Off On the Pain
7. DJ Drama & Fabolous – There Is No Competition 2: The Funeral Service
8. Justin Bieber – My World 2.0
9. R. Kelly – Love Letter
10. Jerrod Niemann – Judge Jerrod & the Hung Jury