KBXX “FOLLOW US ON TWITTER TO WIN” CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The KBXX “Follow Us on Twitter to Win” Contest (“Contest”) will begin at 12:01 a.m. Central Time (“CST”) on Monday, August 16, 2010 and end at 11:59 p.m. CST on Thursday, September 16, 2010 (“Contest Period”). One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded a cash prize of One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00).
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of KBXX-FM who are legal residents of the US, and are eighteen (18) years of age and older will be able to take part in this Contest. Listeners must reside in the Houston or Galveston, Texas Arbitron Metro Survey Area in order to participant in the Contest.
To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
§ You may enter the Contest by being a “Follower” of KBXX-FM on Twitter.com at “979TheBox.” One random winner will be chosen from all the “979TheBox” Twitter followers. The KBXX Twitter.com address is http://www.twitter.com/979TheBox. In order to participate in the Contest you must have a Twitter.com account and agree to Twitter’s terms of service policies and rules. Twitter account registration is free.
§ Upon registering with Twitter.com, search for “979thebox”, enter the ‘979thebox’ page and select the “follow us” button to follow KBXX-FM on Twitter.
§ Multiple and mass Twitter account creation may result in suspension of all related Twitter accounts. Please note that any violation of the Twitter Rules is cause for permanent suspension of all Twitter accounts, subject to Twitter’s Terms of Service policies and rules, available for review at http://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules.
Click here to go to the KBXX-FM twitter page.
1. The Contest is open to listeners of KBXX-FM who are eighteen (18) years of age and older and are legal residents of the United States. Listeners must reside in the Houston or Galveston, Texas Arbitron Metro Survey Area to participant in the Contest.
2. Employees of KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston and/or Galveston metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or households of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest except as specified within these rules.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another Contest or promotion of any kind from KBXX-FM within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate or win.
GRAND PRIZE – ONE (1): One (1) winner will be awarded a cash prize of One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500).
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted.
- All Contest winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
3. All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check. Prize checks will be available for pick-up no earlier than twenty (21) business days from the date the Contest winner is awarded their prize.
4. If for any reason a Contest winner decides not to accept the awarded prize the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging that they are forfeiting the prize. It will be at the sole discretion of the Contest sponsor and/or Contest administrator to determine whether another contestant is to be selected as the winner of the Contest.
5. If Contest winner does not claim their check within thirty (30) days from the winning notification pick-up date, the prize will be forfeited.
6. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D) to claim their prize.
1. During the Contest Period, listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Contest by:
- Being a follower of the official KBXX-FM Twitter page at “979thebox” on Twitter.com. The page address is http://www.twitter.com/979TheBox. In order to participate in the Contest you must have a Twitter.com account and agree to their terms of service policies and rules. Twitter account registration is free.
- Upon registering with Twitter.com, search for “979thebox”, enter the 979thebox page and select the “follow us” button to follow KBXX-FM on Twitter.
- Multiple and mass Twitter account creation may result in suspension of all related accounts. Please note that any violation of the Twitter Rules is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts, subject to Twitter Terms of Service policies and rules, available for review at http://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules
2. The Contest will progress in the following manner:
- One random winner will be selected from the KBXX-FM ‘Followers” on the KBXX-FM Twitter account on or about September 17, 2010 from among all eligible followers; the winner will be announced on Friday, September 17, 2010 on KBXX-FM. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible followers during the Entry Period. Winner selected at random from all “followers” registrations made by Deadline, and at the discretion of KBXX-FM management, whose decision is final. The random selection of the winner is not determined by Twitter.
- Potential grand prize winner will be notified via direct message from the KBXX-FM Twitter account “979thebox”. The potential grand prize winner will be given 48 hours to direct message “979thebox” with their name, home zip code and phone number. KBXX-FM will verify eligibility and the grand prize winner will be notified and confirmed via phone.
- KBXX-FM will verify eligibility and the grand prize winner will be notified via phone. In the event Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within the allotted time period or potential winner is not in compliance with these rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected if time permits.
3. The grand prize drawing will take place on/or about September 17, 2010. To be eligible to win this Contest, your Twitter Account must be active and you must be following “979thebox” by the end of the Contest Period and through the time of the Contest drawing.
4. All decisions made by KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, management regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules. The Official Rules will be posted at http://theboxhouston.com/contests throughout the Contest. Contestants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Providers, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Contest Providers reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Web site; or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules. You agree that in your participation in the Contest you will not use obscene, libelous or slanderous language, or language that infringes upon a third party’s trademark, trade name or other intellectual property right or right of privacy. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, and officers, consultants, agents, and employees against and from all claims, damages liabilities, costs and expenses asserted by third parties alleging that the Contest includes obscenity, libel, slander, or infringes upon the third party’s intellectual property or privacy rights, as a direct result of your actions in connection with the Contest. You further agree to not knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest or to prevent others’ participation in the Contest.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE RADIO ONE WEB SITES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CONTEST PROVIDERS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH CONTESTANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, its parent, and any other Contest parties, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D) to claim their prize.
8. The station retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all Contest rules are not followed, Contest void if prohibited by law.
9. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the Contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air.
10. KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, its parent, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the station and will not be returned.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Contest, including; cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as Acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; reasonable attempts will be made to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
13. Copies of Contest rules are available during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the KBXX-FM, located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046. Copies of Contest rules will also be made available on the KBXX-FM website.