OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
The GET SNATCHED Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on January 3, 2022 and end on January 30, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes will be conducted exclusively online. One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded the following: six (6) Evolve Trim + Tite Stomach Sessions by Body Aesthetics Center (ARV $3,000); one (1) Michael Kors Handbag (ARV $300); one (1) Macys Gift Card in the amount of Three Hundred Fifty Dollars (ARV $350); one (1) Hair Bundle by Delicious Hair (ARV $550); one (1) Free Health Screen by Helium Medical (ARV $350); and one (1) Beauty Makeover, to include Hair & Makeup, by Glynn Jackson (ARV $500) (Total ARV = $5,000) (“Prize”).
See below for further details.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of KBXX-FM (“Station”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston, Texas metropolitan area and are 18 years of age or older will be able to take part in this Sweepstakes. To participate in the Sweepstakes, participants must do the following:
- Participants must submit their entries online through the Station’s website at www. theboxhouston.com/.
- Upon entering the website, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions, including entering their name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register for a chance to win.
- All Internet entries must be received by 11:59pm EST on Sunday January 30, 2022 or they will be void.
- One entry per person per email address during the Sweepstakes Period.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
- Winner will be selected via random drawing from among all eligible entries received electronically. Winner will be notified by phone and / or email.
- Winners must provide valid identification (e.g. via valid state-issued driver’s license, passport or other government-issued I.D. containing the person’s name, date of birth, and photograph) and a completed W9 form to claim the prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Station management which will be final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes.
- The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston, Texas metropolitan area who are 18 years of age or older at the time of Sweepstakes registration.
- Employees of the Station, Radio One of Texas II, LLC (“Company”), its officers, directors, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, members of the immediate families, and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
- Persons who have won a prize in another Sweepstakes or promotion of any kind from the Station within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Station during any thirty (30) day period.
- Participants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
The following prize elements will be awarded (Total ARV = $5,000):
- Six (6) Evolve Trim + Tite Stomach Sessions by Body Aesthetics Center (ARV $3,000)
- One (1) Michael Kors Handbag (ARV $300)
- One (1) Macys Gift Card in the amount of Three Hundred Fifty Dollars (ARV $350)
- One (1) Hair Bundle by Delicious Hair (ARV $550)
- One (1) Free Health Screen by Helium Medical (ARV $350)
- One (1) Beauty Makeover (Hair & Makeup) by Glynn Jackson (ARV $500)
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
- All Sweepstakes winners must sign and date official Station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in the winner’s forfeiture of the prize.
- Gift cards are subject to terms and conditions specified by issuer.
- To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
- Dates and times of concerts, events, activities, and trips promoted by event sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of the Station and the Company. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. The Station and the Company are not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station.
- If for any reason a Sweepstakes winner provides notice that they have decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner may be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Sweepstakes sponsor and / or Sweepstakes administrator if another Participant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
- All prizes shall either be mailed / shipped, provided in an electronic format (ex. e-gift card), available for curbside pickup at Station’s offices, or available at the venue. Station will coordinate with winner(s) for claiming their prize.
- Winners must provide valid identification (e.g. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) and a completed W9 form to claim their prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
- If Sweepstakes winner does not claim their prize by 5pm on January 31, 2022, the prize will be forfeited.
- In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Station, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Station and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
- During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible participants will be encouraged to take part in the Sweepstakes by registering online at theboxhouston.com/. After completing the registration process, qualified entrants will be eligible for a chance to win the grand prize.
- During the Sweepstakes Period, there shall be one (1) winner selected via random drawing.
- The grand prize winner will be notified by phone, and / or e-mail.
- All decisions made by the Station and Company management, or any Sweepstakes Sponsor regarding any aspect of this Sweepstakes are final.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
- Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
- No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Participants participating during the Sweepstakes Period.
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to comply with these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the Station and / or Sweepstakes sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Sweepstakes.
- The Station and the Company retain the right to disqualify any Participant if all Sweepstakes rules are not followed.
- So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the Station reserves the right to make changes in the Sweepstakes rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and posted online.
- All Sweepstakes winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Station, the Company, sponsor, any other Sweepstakes parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Sweepstakes participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of any awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
- By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Station and the Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any Participant to complete or continue an internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Promotion. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. In addition, the Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Sweepstakes entries. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the property of the Station and the Company and will not be returned.
- The Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Sweepstakes, including cancellation of the Sweepstakes as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event such an act should occur, the Station may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
- If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts, criminal acts of third parties, an insufficient number of qualified Sweepstakes entries, or any other causes beyond the Station and the Company’s control which, in the Station and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Station and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at their sole discretion.
- Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Station and the Company reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. Sweepstakes winners, by accepting and collecting the Prize, acknowledge and understand the following:
- Winners are participating in Prize Collection and Event during a pandemic and COVID-19 is highly contagious and has impacted the entirety of the United States.
- Participation in Prize Collection includes traversing in public during a pandemic and possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
- Winners knowingly and freely assume all such risks related participation in Prize Collection including but not limited to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and
- Winner knowingly assume the risk of illness, injury, harm and loss associated with participation in Prize Collection and the Event, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
- Copies of Sweepstakes rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the Station, located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite #900, Houston, Texas 77046.
CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant, Station and Company in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Texas, USA.