A day of fun turned to tragedy as a woman who lost consciousness aboard a roller coaster at an Indiana theme park later died at a hospital.
The tragic scene unfolded on a Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari roller coaster Friday (June 4). The Indiana amusement and water park said an emergency crew arrived at the Voyage coaster three minutes after 47-year-old Dawn R. Jankovic, of Brunswick, Ohio, was discovered in her seat at the conclusion of the ride.
In a report by Fox8, Dubois County Coroner Katie Schuck said Jankovic died later that evening at a hospital in Jasper, Indiana.
On the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari Facebook page, a statement was posted about the incident.
“A full inspection of the roller coaster has been performed, and it was determined that the ride operated as it was intended to.” The statement read. “The ride remained closed for the evening out of respect for the family. Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari officials ask for your thoughts and prayers for the Guest and her family, as well as for Team Members who were onsite.”
- Quavo Selling Bentley He Took Back From Saweetie Following Breakup For $279K
- Jonathan Majors & Idris Elba Are Set To Face Off In First Trailer For Netflix Western ‘The Harder They Fall’
- Resurfaced Nick Cannon Interview On Lupus Battle May Explain His Love For Unprotected Sex
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s – Episode 21 “Girl, Leave Him”
- Trick Daddy Doubles Down & Says Beyoncé Is No Stephanie Mills, Patti Labelle, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey Or Adele
- The Rockets Get The No. 2 Pick! | OVERTIME SPORTS SHOW
- Former Nickelodeon Star Pleads Guilty to Attempted Child Endangerment In Ohio
- Women Who Win: She’s In The Mix [LIVESTREAM]
- Wale Declares Himself One Of The Greatest Rappers Of All Time, Announces ‘Folarin 2’ Project
- Ivy Park Teases With A New Launch Just In Time For The Summer
The Magic of Josephine Baker & 10 Black Women Who Changed Hollywood Forever
1. BeyoncéSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Hattie McDanielSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Lauryn HillSource:Live Nation 3 of 10
4. Whitney Houston4 of 10
5. RihannaSource:Courtesy Of Paper Magazine/Photography By Sebastian Faena 5 of 10
6. Viola DavisSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Ava DuVernay7 of 10
8. Oprah Winfrey8 of 10
9. Eartha Kitt9 of 10
10. Dorothy Dandridge10 of 10
Ohio Woman Dies After Passing Out On Roller Coaster was originally published on newstalkcleveland.com