She’s The Boss – Black Women CEO Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
The She’s The Boss – Black Women CEO Contest (“Contest”) will begin on Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 12:00pm CST and end on Monday, April 12, 2021 at 5:00pm CST (“Contest Period”). This Contest will be conducted exclusively online. All qualified entrants not selected for final judging will receive feedback on their submissions. Three (3) winners will each be awarded Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000) in paid advertising on KBXX-FM, Houston (ARV $20,000) (“Prize”). See below for further details.
Prize is provided by KBXX-FM (“Station”) and Godsey Martin P.C. d/b/a Ijustgothit.com (“Promotional Partner”).
HOW TO ENTER / EXECUTION:
1. Listeners of the Station, who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston, Texas metropolitan area, are 18 years of age and older, who identify as female, and are current CEOs or aspiring business owners at the time of Contest registration will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
2. Participants must submit a business plan in a single PDF that includes the following: Executive summary, Company or Business Description, Market & Competitive Analysis, SWOT analysis of current or proposed business, Business Development Plan, Branding & Marketing Plan, and Go-to-Market & Sales Strategy (“Business Materials”).
3. To submit Business Materials, participants must visit http://www.theboxhouston.com or http://www.ijustgothit.com. The websites will redirect to http://www.buildingher.com for participants to register online.
4. Upon entering the website, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions, including entering their name, company name, address, phone number, email address, and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register for a chance to win.
5. After completing the registration process, qualified entrants will be eligible for a chance to win.
6. All Internet entries must be received by 5:00pm CST on April 8, 2021 or they will be void.
7. One entry per person per email address during the Contest Period.
8. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
9. Submitted entries shall be judged by a panel of judges mutually agreed upon by Station and Promotional Partner based upon the following factors: impact, innovation, need, scale, marketability, and completeness of materials.
10. Participants whose entries are selected by the judges will be asked to submit the following materials, as well the option to submit an additional 1-3 business related items, to be judged during a virtual interview with judges: Operational Plan and Financial Plan.
11. Submitted entries must be “family friendly”, appropriate for all audiences, and must meet the below-listed Entry Requirements.
12. By uploading a submission and entering this Contest, participants acknowledges and understand that their submission is not confidential nor submitted in confidence or trust and no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created by making an email submission. Station and Promotion Partner are diversified companies who may possess or come to possess information similar or identical to information contained in your submission, and you agree that any such similarity or identity shall not give rise to any claim or entitlement, whether for compensation, credit or otherwise. All submissions will be used solely for purposes of the Contest.
13. By uploading a submission and entering this Contest, each participant represents and warrants to be bound by these Official Contest rules, and that they are authorized to and have the rights to submit the content within the entry.
14. Winners will be notified by phone and / or email.
15. Winners must provide valid identification (e.g. via valid state-issued driver’s license, passport or other government-issued I.D. containing the person’s name, date of birth, and photograph) and a completed W9 form to claim the prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
16. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station.
17. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Station management which will be final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Contest.
· Entries may not be patently offensive, illegal, pornographic or obscene, or similarly inappropriate in the Station’s sole discretion.
· Entries must not contain any profanity, obscene language, lewd or sexual content or references.
· Submissions may not infringe upon any rights of any third party including without limitation, copyright, trademark and right of publicity or privacy
· Entries must be produced and solely owned by the contestant submitting the entry
· Entries must be unpublished and not have been submitted in other competitions
· Submissions must not contain: derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), or otherwise assault or threaten others
1. The Contest is open to listeners of the Station who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston, Texas metropolitan area and are 18 years of age and older and current business owners as of the commencement date of the Contest.
2. Employees of the Station, Radio One of Texas II, LLC (“Company”), Promotional Partner, its parent subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston, Texas metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
3. Unless otherwise specified, participants may only win one (1) qualifying prize and / or one (1) grand prize during this Contest.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another Contest or promotion of any kind from the Station within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Station during any thirty (30) day period.
The following prize elements will be awarded:
Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000) in paid advertising on KBXX-FM, Houston (ARV $20,000)
1. WARNING: All prize winnings with valuations exceeding $600 will be taxed by the IRS. The winners will be responsible for all taxes due on the full amount of the Prize ($20,000).
2. To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
3. Unless otherwise provided, prize must be claimed and used by no later than September 30, 2021 or the prize will be forfeited.
4. The prize may only be claimed by the actual winner. Friends and family members are not eligible to claim the prize on behalf of the winner.
5. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Station management and/or any sponsor in its sole discretion. The Station reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize element is unavailable.
6. All Contest winners must sign and date official Station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
7. The Station, the Company, and its affiliates and promotional partners shall not be liable for any claims made by ineligible entrants.
8. If for any reason a Contest winner decides not to accept the prize awarded, the winner may be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Contest administrator and / or Contest sponsor if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
9. In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Station, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Station and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by the winner.
1. Winners are responsible for payment of all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of Station management which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Station, the Company, any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation
or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. The Station retains the right to disqualify any entrant if all Contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
8. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the Station reserves the right to make changes in these Contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
9. The Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue a telephone call, internet registration or text entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Contest. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification.
10. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Station and the Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
11. The Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Contest, including; cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur, the Station may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
12. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond the Station and the Company’s, control which, in the Station and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Station and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
13. Copies of Contest rules are available online at www.theboxhouston.com
CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant, Station and
Company in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Texas, USA.