First Kanye. Now this. NBC anchor Lauren Podell resigned after she was caught using the “n-word.”
According to RawStory, Podell told a co-worker, “I’m tired of reporting on these n*****s killing each other in Detroit.” Word quickly made its way around the office and Podell soon handed in her resignation.
An excerpt from e-mail sent by the station’s General Manager, Marla Drutz, allegedly reads:
I wanted to let you know that Lauren Podell has resigned from WDIV effective immediately. Lauren asked me to convey the following: “During my time at WDIV I have created many friendships that I will continue to cherish”. If you receive any media inquiries please forward them to Jamie or me. Thanks.
The story began making headlines after Sam Riddle, former chief of staff for former Detroit City Councilwoman Monica Conyers, quoted Podell on Twitter.
Trump got y’all tripping’.
Kanye West Says He Would Have Voted Trump
Afternoon Minute: John Legend Slams Former Advisor To President Obama For Insisting That Trump Isn’t Racist
Also On 97.9 The Box:
The 12 Best Celebrity Eggplants So Far… (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Lawd! “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Keith Carlos’ Eggplant Looks…Amazing.
1 of 12
2. If Ca$h Out’s Rap Career Doesn’t Work Out, We Have Another Suggestion.
2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart May Be Short, But His ________ Ain’t.
3 of 12
4. Nick Jonas Done Grown Up, Huh?
4 of 12
5. Trey Schlongz.
5 of 12
6. More Body, More Bulge with Kevin Hart.
6 of 12
7. We Never Get Tired Of Breezy’s Man Parts.
7 of 12
8. Good GAWD B.o.B.!
8 of 12
9. Zammmmnnnn August!
9 of 12
10. Jesus Be A Fence. B.o.B. & His Eggplant Are On Fleek.
10 of 12
11. Gotta Love A Man In A Thong, Especially If His Name Is Jamie Foxx.
11 of 12
12. Looks Like Bieber’s Working With A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’.
12 of 12