Hours after Donald Trump’s election victory, protesters gathered outside the U.S. embassy in London Wednesday to rally against racism, the Huffington Post reports.
The U.K.-based group Stand Up To Racism organized the event, which drew several hundred protesters, many of them holding signs denouncing Trump for stirring anti-immigrant and racist sentiments in his campaign.
Sabby Dhalu of Stand Up to Racism told The Post that Trump used “the oldest trick in the book—he stirred up fear and racism in the context of a stagnant economy and the resulting fall in living standards – to mobilize a vote for him.”
Dhalu said Trump has, in effect, “normalized” racism and “emboldened” others to act on their hatred.
“It’s vital that all Black and White people come together and oppose the politics of racism and division that Donald Trump represents” Weyman Bennett, with Stand Up to Racism, told the news outlet.
Bennett urged anti-racists to “stand in the traditions of the Civil Rights movement” and oppose hatred.
SOURCE: Huffington Post | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter
Violent Protests Break Out During Trump Rallies In California
Donald Trump Rally In Chicago Postponed After Protests, Clashes Break Out
Also On 97.9 The Box:
The 12 Best Celebrity Eggplants So Far… (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Lawd! “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Keith Carlos’ Eggplant Looks…Amazing.
1 of 12
2. If Ca$h Out’s Rap Career Doesn’t Work Out, We Have Another Suggestion.
2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart May Be Short, But His ________ Ain’t.
3 of 12
4. Nick Jonas Done Grown Up, Huh?
4 of 12
5. Trey Schlongz.
5 of 12
6. More Body, More Bulge with Kevin Hart.
6 of 12
7. We Never Get Tired Of Breezy’s Man Parts.
7 of 12
8. Good GAWD B.o.B.!
8 of 12
9. Zammmmnnnn August!
9 of 12
10. Jesus Be A Fence. B.o.B. & His Eggplant Are On Fleek.
10 of 12
11. Gotta Love A Man In A Thong, Especially If His Name Is Jamie Foxx.
11 of 12
12. Looks Like Bieber’s Working With A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’.
12 of 12