brought down the house at TIDAL X: 1015 last night and even had Nicki Minaj falling to her knees in reverence, but the highlight of her set was her new single.
Actually, it’s an old single with a new twist. Miss Lauryn released a brand-new version of “Rebel” during the show last night, promising that it’s “more relevant than ever.”
The original song, released in 2002, talked about the murder of Amadou Diallo at the hands of police and was a Black Lives Matter anthem before there was a Black Lives Matter movement:
Of the remixed version, Miss Lauryn says, “Old tune, new Version, same context, even more relevant now: sick and tired of being sick and tired.”
Preach, Miss Lauryn.
SOURCE: TIDAL | PHOTO: Getty
Also On 97.9 The Box:
The 12 Best Celebrity Eggplants So Far… (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Lawd! “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Keith Carlos’ Eggplant Looks…Amazing.
1 of 12
2. If Ca$h Out’s Rap Career Doesn’t Work Out, We Have Another Suggestion.
2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart May Be Short, But His ________ Ain’t.
3 of 12
4. Nick Jonas Done Grown Up, Huh?
4 of 12
5. Trey Schlongz.
5 of 12
6. More Body, More Bulge with Kevin Hart.
6 of 12
7. We Never Get Tired Of Breezy’s Man Parts.
7 of 12
8. Good GAWD B.o.B.!
8 of 12
9. Zammmmnnnn August!
9 of 12
10. Jesus Be A Fence. B.o.B. & His Eggplant Are On Fleek.
10 of 12
11. Gotta Love A Man In A Thong, Especially If His Name Is Jamie Foxx.
11 of 12
12. Looks Like Bieber’s Working With A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’.
12 of 12