A Georgia educator named
Jane Wood Allen has been fired after taking to Facebook several times to spew racist rants directed towards First Lady Michelle Obama.
The teacher’s aide at Chestatee Elementary in Gainseville, Georgia shared an article about the First Lady taking vacations, saying, “This poor Gorilla. How is she going to function in the real world, by not having all of her luxurious vacations paid for anymore.”
In previous instances, Allen reportedly wrote in regards to Obama being one of the most admired women in the world, “I admire a gorilla more than I admire her. (Wait I forgot, she is a gorilla)!”
While she removed her posts, social media never forgets and on Monday her bosses announced that she had been fired.
While it is encouraging that the response from the district was appropriate it is worrisome that it took so long, or that comments like these were ever made at all.
SOURCE: New York Daily News | PHOTO: Getty
Also On 97.9 The Box:
The 12 Best Celebrity Eggplants So Far… (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Lawd! “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Keith Carlos’ Eggplant Looks…Amazing.
1 of 12
2. If Ca$h Out’s Rap Career Doesn’t Work Out, We Have Another Suggestion.
2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart May Be Short, But His ________ Ain’t.
3 of 12
4. Nick Jonas Done Grown Up, Huh?
4 of 12
5. Trey Schlongz.
5 of 12
6. More Body, More Bulge with Kevin Hart.
6 of 12
7. We Never Get Tired Of Breezy’s Man Parts.
7 of 12
8. Good GAWD B.o.B.!
8 of 12
9. Zammmmnnnn August!
9 of 12
10. Jesus Be A Fence. B.o.B. & His Eggplant Are On Fleek.
10 of 12
11. Gotta Love A Man In A Thong, Especially If His Name Is Jamie Foxx.
11 of 12
12. Looks Like Bieber’s Working With A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’.
12 of 12