Source: Phil Ashley / Getty
Boxing’s Tyson Fury has been in and out of the boxing news lately.
The champ was scheduled in a rematch fight on Oct. 29th with Wladimir Klitschko, but that fight was postponed with claims that Tyson was suffering from mental issues.
Today, Tyson decided to make an announcement that he was retiring, with a colorful tweet saying:
Later, he was back on Twitter claiming that he was joking saying:
The Klitschko rematch was going to be the largest earned purse of Tyson’s career too.
Tyson also has to face the UK Anti-Doping Agency (UKad) for the charges he received back in June.
Although Tyson is denying any banned substance, traces of that banned substance was found in a tested urine sample.
And now, he’s refusing another sample to the UKad and policy says that if an athlete refuses a urine sample, they can be banned for four years.
If Tyson really does retire, he’ll be vacating every belt that he won off of Klitschko last December. It had been since 2004 since Klitschko had lost a fight.
The bells that Tyson gained that day was the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO and the heavy weight boxer Deontay Wilder holds the WBC belt.
Fury was stripped of his IBF belt at least two weeks after when he “unable to fight” a mandatory challenger Vyacheslav Glazkov
Also On 97.9 The Box:
The 12 Best Celebrity Eggplants So Far… (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Lawd! “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Keith Carlos’ Eggplant Looks…Amazing.
1 of 12
2. If Ca$h Out’s Rap Career Doesn’t Work Out, We Have Another Suggestion.
2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart May Be Short, But His ________ Ain’t.
3 of 12
4. Nick Jonas Done Grown Up, Huh?
4 of 12
5. Trey Schlongz.
5 of 12
6. More Body, More Bulge with Kevin Hart.
6 of 12
7. We Never Get Tired Of Breezy’s Man Parts.
7 of 12
8. Good GAWD B.o.B.!
8 of 12
9. Zammmmnnnn August!
9 of 12
10. Jesus Be A Fence. B.o.B. & His Eggplant Are On Fleek.
10 of 12
11. Gotta Love A Man In A Thong, Especially If His Name Is Jamie Foxx.
11 of 12
12. Looks Like Bieber’s Working With A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’.
12 of 12