Luke Cage has become one of Marvel’s most anticipated series since their foray into translating their big screen success to the small screen. A great deal of that can be attributed to the passion and unique vision of creator and showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker.
We spoke with Cheo about how it took more than being a comic geek to land his Luke Cage gig, and how his role as a music journalist helped him approach Luke Cage in a new way.
He also gave us some insight on writing the evolution of a hero.
Watch our interview with Cheo above, and be sure to catch Marvel’s Luke Cage, which is streaming now on Netflix.
SEE MORE ON TUD:
Which ‘Luke Cage’ Character Are You?
The Full Trailer For Marvel’s ‘Luke Cage’ Is Here, And Sh*t Is Serious
5 Reasons Why Netflix’s Luke Cage Is The Hero We’ve Been Waiting For
Also On 97.9 The Box:
The 12 Best Celebrity Eggplants So Far… (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Lawd! “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Keith Carlos’ Eggplant Looks…Amazing.
1 of 12
2. If Ca$h Out’s Rap Career Doesn’t Work Out, We Have Another Suggestion.
2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart May Be Short, But His ________ Ain’t.
3 of 12
4. Nick Jonas Done Grown Up, Huh?
4 of 12
5. Trey Schlongz.
5 of 12
6. More Body, More Bulge with Kevin Hart.
6 of 12
7. We Never Get Tired Of Breezy’s Man Parts.
7 of 12
8. Good GAWD B.o.B.!
8 of 12
9. Zammmmnnnn August!
9 of 12
10. Jesus Be A Fence. B.o.B. & His Eggplant Are On Fleek.
10 of 12
11. Gotta Love A Man In A Thong, Especially If His Name Is Jamie Foxx.
11 of 12
12. Looks Like Bieber’s Working With A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’.
12 of 12