Denzel Washington and Viola Davis give extraordinary performances in the screen adaptation of August Wilson’s Fences.
Directed by Denzel, Fences follows the life of a former baseball player in the Negro leagues, who served time for a botched robbery then worked his way up the ladder as a garbage man.
The trailer highlights Troy Maxim (Denzel) and his family’s dynamic. One scene reveals deep tension between Troy and his son, which later leads to an emotional scene between Denzel and Viola.
The two seasoned actors starred in the 2010 revival of Fences, which won a Tony Award for Best Revival of a Play.
Given their great performances in the sneak peek, two seats should be automatically reserved for the duo at the Academy Awards.
Watch the trailer above.
SOURCE: YouTube | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Denzel Washington Isn’t A Fan Of Those & ‘Uncle Denzel’ Memes
EXCLUSIVE: Details On Denzel’s New Film & ‘The Magnificent Seven’ From Director Antoine Fuqua
Also On 97.9 The Box:
The 12 Best Celebrity Eggplants So Far… (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Lawd! “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Keith Carlos’ Eggplant Looks…Amazing.
1 of 12
2. If Ca$h Out’s Rap Career Doesn’t Work Out, We Have Another Suggestion.
2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart May Be Short, But His ________ Ain’t.
3 of 12
4. Nick Jonas Done Grown Up, Huh?
4 of 12
5. Trey Schlongz.
5 of 12
6. More Body, More Bulge with Kevin Hart.
6 of 12
7. We Never Get Tired Of Breezy’s Man Parts.
7 of 12
8. Good GAWD B.o.B.!
8 of 12
9. Zammmmnnnn August!
9 of 12
10. Jesus Be A Fence. B.o.B. & His Eggplant Are On Fleek.
10 of 12
11. Gotta Love A Man In A Thong, Especially If His Name Is Jamie Foxx.
11 of 12
12. Looks Like Bieber’s Working With A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’.
12 of 12