Wondering why Mary J. Blige
was trending on Twitter shortly after the presidential debate
? We have the answer — and it’s not pretty. The R&B icon dropped a new promo for her new show, “The 411 with Mary J. Blige”, which premieres September 30
with an interview with Hillary Clinton
The ad, which is kinda, sorta shot like those Apple Music commercials MJB did with Kerry Washington and Taraji P. Henson, is about as awkward as anything we’ve ever seen, beginning with Mary’s strange serenade to a stiff-looking Clinton with a song she wrote about police brutality.
I mean, we appreciate the sentiment, but…what?
Twitter is scratching it’s collective head, too:
Sadly, this is going to cut into the glow of Hillary’s pretty much universally-praised debate performance on Monday night just a little bit, but don’t worry, Hilly and Mary, we still love ya.
SOURCE: Twitter | PHOTO: Getty
Also On 97.9 The Box:
The 12 Best Celebrity Eggplants So Far… (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Lawd! “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Keith Carlos’ Eggplant Looks…Amazing.
1 of 12
2. If Ca$h Out’s Rap Career Doesn’t Work Out, We Have Another Suggestion.
2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart May Be Short, But His ________ Ain’t.
3 of 12
4. Nick Jonas Done Grown Up, Huh?
4 of 12
5. Trey Schlongz.
5 of 12
6. More Body, More Bulge with Kevin Hart.
6 of 12
7. We Never Get Tired Of Breezy’s Man Parts.
7 of 12
8. Good GAWD B.o.B.!
8 of 12
9. Zammmmnnnn August!
9 of 12
10. Jesus Be A Fence. B.o.B. & His Eggplant Are On Fleek.
10 of 12
11. Gotta Love A Man In A Thong, Especially If His Name Is Jamie Foxx.
11 of 12
12. Looks Like Bieber’s Working With A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’.
12 of 12