Its always good to see that celebs are always tying to help the youth and set a good example for them.
On Thursday (July 31), LL Cool J alongside Russell Simmons visited New York City jail complex, Rikers Island.
The two Hip-Hop vets took to Rikers Island to kick off the national anti-violence program from Simmons’ prepaid debit RushCard.
LL Cool J shared with a group of young people his rough upbringing and how it could have landed him exactly where they are –– behind bars –– if things hadn’t worked out the way they did. “You can absolutely without a doubt do anything you put your mind to,” said LL, encouraging them to believe in themselves.
Simmons, a faithful yogi, piggybacked: “It’s your spirit you’ve got to work on.”
Also On 97.9 The Box:
The 12 Best Celebrity Eggplants So Far… (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Lawd! “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Keith Carlos’ Eggplant Looks…Amazing.
1 of 12
2. If Ca$h Out’s Rap Career Doesn’t Work Out, We Have Another Suggestion.
2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart May Be Short, But His ________ Ain’t.
3 of 12
4. Nick Jonas Done Grown Up, Huh?
4 of 12
5. Trey Schlongz.
5 of 12
6. More Body, More Bulge with Kevin Hart.
6 of 12
7. We Never Get Tired Of Breezy’s Man Parts.
7 of 12
8. Good GAWD B.o.B.!
8 of 12
9. Zammmmnnnn August!
9 of 12
10. Jesus Be A Fence. B.o.B. & His Eggplant Are On Fleek.
10 of 12
11. Gotta Love A Man In A Thong, Especially If His Name Is Jamie Foxx.
11 of 12
12. Looks Like Bieber’s Working With A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’.
12 of 12