Noe Nino de Rivera had come to break up a fight and instead found himself tasered and knocked to the concrete floor at the school.
The officer said he disobeyed orders but a school surveillance camera seems to show the student backing away from the officer.
His head hit so hard he required emergency surgery for a severe brain hemorrhage, and then spent 52 days in a medically induced coma.
“He cannot talk the way he used to talk, he cannot walk the way he used to walk, he cannot think the way he used to think,” said his brother, Jesus.
Officers from at least 5,000 law enforcement agencies carry Tasers in schools. No one tracks how often they are used on students, but CBS News found 20 reported examples since 2012.
“Tasers and pepper spray are being used to break up school fights or to de-escalate school fights,” said Deborah Fowler with Texas Appleseed.
Her legal aid group supported a Texas bill that would have banned the use of Tasers in schools.
Also On 97.9 The Box:
The 12 Best Celebrity Eggplants So Far… (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Lawd! “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Keith Carlos’ Eggplant Looks…Amazing.
1 of 12
2. If Ca$h Out’s Rap Career Doesn’t Work Out, We Have Another Suggestion.
2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart May Be Short, But His ________ Ain’t.
3 of 12
4. Nick Jonas Done Grown Up, Huh?
4 of 12
5. Trey Schlongz.
5 of 12
6. More Body, More Bulge with Kevin Hart.
6 of 12
7. We Never Get Tired Of Breezy’s Man Parts.
7 of 12
8. Good GAWD B.o.B.!
8 of 12
9. Zammmmnnnn August!
9 of 12
10. Jesus Be A Fence. B.o.B. & His Eggplant Are On Fleek.
10 of 12
11. Gotta Love A Man In A Thong, Especially If His Name Is Jamie Foxx.
11 of 12
12. Looks Like Bieber’s Working With A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’.
12 of 12