Good Morning Houston! It’s election day. Make sure you get to your specific polling locations and vote today. To find your polliing location and other helpful info click here >>> VoteTexas.gov
Here are some FAQ’s
Q – When does the new photo identification law go into effect?
A – The new photo identification requirement is effective immediately.
Q – What kind of identification will be required to qualify to vote in person under the new program?
A – A voter will be required to show one of the following forms of photo identification at the polling location before the voter will be permitted to cast a vote.
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport