(Credit: ThinkStock Images)
Louisiana evacuees fleeing from the wrath of Tropical Storm Isaac were hunkered down in many Houston area motels and hotels Monday evening.
As many families found refuge in shelters located on coastal Louisiana, other families migrated to Texas.
In fact, many hotels and motels over the Louisiana border into Texas reported being at capacity; others reported having very few rooms left.
Thousands of people were forced to evacuate low-lying parishes south of New Orleans as Tropical Storm Isaac neared this week.
According to reports, approximately 7,000 people were ordered to evacuate from lower Plaquemines Parish on Monday.
VIEW RELATED STORIES BELOW:
Are You Prepared For Hurricane Season? Here Is What You Need To Know
Tropical Storm Isaac On The Verge Of Becoming A Hurricane; New Orleans In Direct Path
Twitter Provides Information, Inspiration And News About Tropical Storm Isaac
Also On 97.9 The Box:
The 12 Best Celebrity Eggplants So Far… (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Lawd! “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Keith Carlos’ Eggplant Looks…Amazing.
1 of 12
2. If Ca$h Out’s Rap Career Doesn’t Work Out, We Have Another Suggestion.
2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart May Be Short, But His ________ Ain’t.
3 of 12
4. Nick Jonas Done Grown Up, Huh?
4 of 12
5. Trey Schlongz.
5 of 12
6. More Body, More Bulge with Kevin Hart.
6 of 12
7. We Never Get Tired Of Breezy’s Man Parts.
7 of 12
8. Good GAWD B.o.B.!
8 of 12
9. Zammmmnnnn August!
9 of 12
10. Jesus Be A Fence. B.o.B. & His Eggplant Are On Fleek.
10 of 12
11. Gotta Love A Man In A Thong, Especially If His Name Is Jamie Foxx.
11 of 12
12. Looks Like Bieber’s Working With A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’.
12 of 12